Car rental from HNL!

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to use rewards points from Chase to book a rental car from 1/26-2/02, one week. I'm getting average price of around $600. Is that what I should expect to pay for a regular car at that time of year in Honolulu? With the additional parking fees We'll be spending close to $1000 for the rental!

Did you try doing a search on Expedia or Travelocity? I just looked and found some in the $4-500 range

I just paid 450 total for one week and it was a really decent Dodge charger.
Also the paying for gas upfront is really not smart. It's much easier to return a vehicle with a full tank than it is empty.

I have gone that week the last 3 years and never paid over $300 for a full size car. I have been checking for 2020 and the prices are high right now, but I anticipate they will drop.

Whew! Thanks for the encouragement. I've been debating nixing the trip for now since I just cant stomach those prices. I will stalk the deals as i usually do I just didnt know if those numbers were in line.

I've been seeing $850+ for an SUV for 9 nights in Feb on the Chase portal, which seems crazy (although I don't rent cars often). I really wanted to book on points, but at this point I'm going to search elsewhere for a better deal. I've heard Costco is best

I've been seeing $850+ for an SUV for 9 nights in Feb on the Chase portal, which seems crazy (although I don't rent cars often). I really wanted to book on points, but at this point I'm going to search elsewhere for a better deal. I've heard Costco is best
Wow - it looks like they are really raising the prices on that portal.

Wow - it looks like they are really raising the prices on that portal.
Yeah, it's painful. I'm looking at the Delta vacation promo and may use the points for a different trip and pay OOP for the rental.

We just booked a Luxory vehicle for 12 days for $499 all taxes/charges included.

Try Costco- we have rented from them in the past and they are way cheaper than renting direct. You also get a second driver for free.

Try Costco- we have rented from them in the past and they are way cheaper than renting direct. You also get a second driver for free.
OP is using Chase points. Also, Costco rentals require a Costco membership. Depending on the savings, it may or may not make sense to purchase one if someone doesn't have one.

I have a week rental through Costco down to $220 for a full size car and saved over $80 from what I had booked. So not only has the savings paid for a years membership but I am getting even more off and plan to shop at Costco while there.

I am a Costco member and I have a mini van for 451 through them and friends did a car through AAA for under 400

If you rent DVC points for your stay at the Aulani the parking is free. That’s real savings for a week long stay.

I get a corporate discount through my work on rental cars for National and I was shocked that with my corporate discount a week rental for a standard card was 300 dollars, I paid 213 dollars for a week long rental of a minivan at Disney World this past month. Car rentals are insane in Hawaii.

we rented a convertible for like 250-280 for 8 days through costco last February. We went in October one year and the price was about the same. Prices do fluctuate greatly for the same car and the same dates I saved over $100 by just checking back often and rebooking when the price went down but not everyone is that intense on saving money. discounthawaiicarrental is also available for only slightly more than costco and no membership required. Its a waste of your points to book at those obscene rates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!