Car Rental at End of Trip

Kelly014

Mouseketeer
Hi all! After our time at Disney World we will be visiting family in St. Augustine for a few days. They were going to pick us up and drop us off back at MCO but it's looking like they won't be able to drop us off due to other plans, so we need to rent a car. Can anyone advise the best way to go about this? I know Disney has a car care center where you can rent cars - should we just do this? Keeping the price reasonable would be nice, and I'm not sure if it's more expensive to do this at Disney or outside of Disney. Our current plan on departure day is rope drop Hollywood Studios, stay through around 4:30 PM (we have a 3 PM ADR), and then we had planned to go back to the Poly to pick up our luggage from bell services and hit up the pool one last time. Thank you for any and all advice!

Hi all! After our time at Disney World we will be visiting family in St. Augustine for a few days. They were going to pick us up and drop us off back at MCO but it's looking like they won't be able to drop us off due to other plans, so we need to rent a car. Can anyone advise the best way to go about this? I know Disney has a car care center where you can rent cars - should we just do this? Keeping the price reasonable would be nice, and I'm not sure if it's more expensive to do this at Disney or outside of Disney. Our current plan on departure day is rope drop Hollywood Studios, stay through around 4:30 PM (we have a 3 PM ADR), and then we had planned to go back to the Poly to pick up our luggage from bell services and hit up the pool one last time. Thank you for any and all advice!
You would have to do some price comparisons, it may be cheaper to take DME to MCO and pick up a rental there. Somewhat less convenient than picking it up at the car care center though. You can check prices online to see what the difference would be,

Keeping the price reasonable would be nice, and I'm not sure if it's more expensive to do this at Disney or outside of Disney.

Gotta check the prices for your trip.

Car care center has Alamo and National. Swan and Dolphin have the same. Might be a decent idea to head there on your Hollywood studios day (S&D rentals close earlier than CCC) to get the car.

The airport has those and many others.

There are also rental car desks at 6 of the 7 Disney Springs Hotels. While some may "pick you up" if requested, all of the hotels are within walking distance of the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.

Companies, sorted by distance (nearest to farthest):
  • Avis: Hilton Lake Buena Vista
  • Alamo/National: Hilton Buena Vista Palace (usually same price as other on-site Alamo/National desks)
  • Dollar: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Hertz: Holiday Inn Disney Springs
  • Enterprise: B Resort and Spa
  • Budget: DoubleTree Disney Springs Area

Prices for rental cars vary dramatically based on dates and times. You really just need to put in the time and price things out online.

There are also rental car desks at 6 of the 7 Disney Springs Hotels. While some may "pick you up" if requested, all of the hotels are within walking distance of the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.
  • Budget: DoubleTree Disney Springs Area
We have used Budget at DoubleTree for a one-way rental and they were great.

I think above covers most of the usual options.

I'll just add that if you rent from the CCC, they will pick you up if you arrange it ahead of time. In your case, you'd probably want a pickup at the Poly. What you would do is make your reservation online at alamo.com like you normally would, using CCC as the pickup location and MCO as the drop off. When you're at Disney, the day before you rent the car call the local Alamo CCC location (not the 800 reservation number) and tell them you'd like to be picked up at the Poly and when (I'd pick about a half hour before you want the reservation to begin).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter