car hire

crazygolfer

Earning My Ears
come on then please tell me what company and web site are giving the cheapest prices.I`ve had a surf around but can`t make up my mind any help please!!!!

Hi crazygolfer
The following are prices I've obtained for a fullsize car and all the insurances etc.
Holiday Autos £413
Florida car hire £382
Dollar(UK) £420 or £440 with a full tank
Sunchase £358

Dollar US have an offer on during august if you want a convertible but I must say I thought the US web site was unclear on extras.

If you can do better please let me know

Ken

:cool:

Personally i wouldnt trust sunchase!,,we had nothing but problems with them

Arrived to collect the car to be told there wasnt one, tried to sell us an upgrade(usual thing), then told to go to another place to pick up the car. As a gesture we were told not to return the car with a full tank of petrol for our troubles,even though we had this written on the actual invoice ,they still invoiced our CC for alot of money, which took nearly six months to get back(and a rather large phone bill).
IMHO this is not the sort of thing you want to be doing on your first day of your holiday spending hours running around trying to sort a car.
Have you tried autosabroad?.

jules

check out www.directcarhire.co.uk
i got a quote for a 4dr ecom. full insurance, inc. extra drivers,petrol etc. for 16 days at £325. which i thought was quiet good as florida car hire was £376. (this price is for dollar)

hope this helps

sam

I,ve used Sunchase several times now with no problems (they are agents for Alamo Cars) and they have always been keenest on price, also they have been very helpful for a UK company even answering the phone on Boxing day :D. They are used and recommended by many villa owners.

Choice Air are the cheapest I've found. We used them last year and they are charging £344 for a full size fully inc and if you want the extra driver + tank of fuel it costs an extra £15.00 per week.

Here are there charges (all fully inclusive) :-

E2 ECONOMY 2 DOOR £126 ADD £15 PER WEEK EXTRA DRIVER + FUEL
C4 COMPACT 2 DOOR £140 ADD £15 PER WEEK
I2 INTERMEDIATE 4 DOOR £154 ADD £15 PER WEEK
S4 FULL SIZE 4 DOOR £172 ADD £15 PER WEEK
L4 LUXURY 4 DOOR £232 ADD £15 PER WEEK
CONV CONVERTIBLE £232 ADD £15 PER WEEK
4x4 4 X 4 £232 ADD £15 PER WEEK
MVAN7 MINIVAN 7 SEATS £211 ADD £15 PER WEEK
MVAN8 MINIVAN 8 SEATS £220 ADD £15 PER WEEK
MVAN12 MINIVAN 12 SEATS £305 ADD £15 PER WEEK

Lisa

Hi Lisa
Are choiceair's cars on the airport?

Has anyone used alamo with the discount from Simons book?

We used them from Orlando International Airport and they use Alamo cars. The Alamo depot does involve getting a shuttle bus but it's only 5 mins away. I will admit to finding this a pain last year but that was because of having 3 young children complete with car seats for each of them, plus luggage, luggage and more luggage (especially on the return journey!) :eek:

Check out their website

www.choiceair.co.uk

I also believe they can hire from Dollar.

Lisa

We've booked with Sunchase for the first time this year. I hope we don't have any problems - I'll post back after the trip!

Hi,
I have booked 2 weeks hire direct with Dollar for our November trip.Tax inclusive price is $372.57 for a compact (Neon) and I am using Amex insurance.This might not be the cheapest option but at least they are based at the airport and I have always got on ok with them in the past.

Mick.

:smooth:

Ken, the Amex travel insurance is available to anyone, not just Amex cardholders. Details of their policies can be found at www.americanexpress.co.uk and follow the links to 'Insurance'. The Premium annual policy includes SLI and CDW for car hire in North America. Family premium is about £280 I think, although you could save a few pounds by just one person (the main driver) getting this policy and putting the rest of the family on a regular priced one.

Regards

Rob

Hi,

I am going to Disney during Xmas 2002 and the New Year 2003.
I am staying with my children in a villa with community facilities heated pools, tennis etc. I found a company who offer the lowest car hire rates who use Dollar located onsite at Orlando Airport
http://www.directcarhire.co.uk

RATES REQUESTED FOR 14 DAYS:

ECONOMY - £280
INTERMEDIATE - £320
FULL SIZE - 335
MINVIAN - 425

You can even pay by cheque!
Has anyone used this company before? Please let me know. I have taken a lot of consideration in planning my holiday exactly how I want (direct Virgin flights, villa) it so that everything goes smoothly. I have saved hundreds of pounds than if I booked the same intinery with Virgin Holidays.

Jade90

Hi,
I also forgot to mention that direct car hire will match any lower fare quoted.

Jade90

im also using directcarhire, they seem to be really resonably priced. let me know how you get on.

sam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter