Captain Jacks

Riamh

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been here since it reopened? We had an anniversary meal here a few years back and would love to go again when we visit but I'm worried with the new theming it may be a little less *magical*. Do the servers act piraty, for example? We're looking for something more romantic than fun I guess.

Ate here in January and found it a little meh. They didn't act piratey and while it was a nice layout and whatever it just was lacking in atmosphere or something. I think they needed Captain Jack actually in the restaurant or something

Ate here in January and found it a little meh. They didn't act piratey and while it was a nice layout and whatever it just was lacking in atmosphere or something. I think they needed Captain Jack actually in the restaurant or something
He actually does show up on occasion. I ate lunch there and suddenly heard a guy stumbling down the stairs behind me and it was Captain Jack! We had a great chat and then we took a photo, but he realized it would be a crappy selfie and went “Now that won’t do!” grabbed my phone and had me follow him up a couple steps to the waiters where they took a good photo! It was pretty great. I think they don’t advertise it just in case he can’t come around.

For the restaurant itself, I really liked the theming-it really felt transformative. And there are lots of separate areas so it always feels smaller than it actually is. The low lighting helps too. But I wouldn’t say it’s romantic. I think maybe Walt’s would work better for that.

The food was fine. Fish was a bit dry, but it wasn’t horrible. Basically not memorably good or bad (but that was the general theme of all the food I ate at DLP). I would recommend it for the fun theme though!
D1420970-140B-4210-A608-DF26602600EF.jpeg

He actually does show up on occasion. I ate lunch there and suddenly heard a guy stumbling down the stairs behind me and it was Captain Jack! We had a great chat and then we took a photo, but he realized it would be a crappy selfie and went “Now that won’t do!” grabbed my phone and had me follow him up a couple steps to the waiters where they took a good photo! It was pretty great. I think they don’t advertise it just in case he can’t come around.
View attachment 333767

Lucky. I would have loved to have seen him there. We didn't even see him around the parks though :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter