Captain Bryans question . . .

ReadyForDisney2003

Mouseketeer
I know there was a group that went on Captain Bryans recently (July 19?) Any feedback from them? How did it all go? Nice catamaran? I'm starting to get my excursions together and this is turning out to be the #1 on my list.

TEZB . . . I sent you a PM. Please check. Thanks.

Well we haven't just sailed but we have used Captain Bryans Stingray City quite a few time (used to own a timeshare in Cayman so we are almost locals:-)

They have a great trip and very professionally operated. Really nice people and the catamaran is wonderful.

Hope you can find someone who has just used them

We used them on July 19 along with a few other Disers. Our family had a great time! We did not have a videographer on board, we had hoped for that,other than that I wouldn't have traded the excursion we went on for any of the other boats we saw at Stingray City! I got great pics of my family holding a stingray that the crew caught and showed us how to hold for our "Kodak moments" They were very patient with my 5 yr old dd and she too eventually got in on the stingray action. On the way back the captain even sat her up on his lap and let her "drive" the boat. The trimaran with Capt B sure looked to me like the best choice out there. Hope you have a great time. By the way I would also suggest the dolphin swim in Cozumel if you get the chance, absolutely incredible!!!!! Kristine

Thanks so much for the recent message. I really am looking forward to the trip.

I have a DS8 and DD4 -- She is a bit on the small side and I'm hoping she will do ok.

I'm assuming you booked with Captain Bryan directly? Did you have to pay ahead of time? What if the weather was terrible? Did you do the 9:30 am time and get back around 12:00 or so?

Thanks so much for the help.

Sandra

We booked through Captain Bryans, Cayman Islands Discounts and they refund if your ship doesn't come into port due to inclement weather or if the weather is too bad to do the excursion.

BTW you can do a video with them, we did it I think it was $40 us but we had to let them know ahead of time. It is a nice souvenir, kinda cute especially with kids

We did the morning snorkel trip and I didn't keep track of time very well, but I'm quite sure the trip ran a bit longer than the times we were given. We did not pay ahead of time but we gave our credit card number to secure our reservation,we were charged on the morning we checked in for the trip. If the weather is bad they will not operate the excursion and no charges will be made. When you get into the water @ stingray city the water will be over your head,however a short swim over to where the stingrays are and the water at the sandbar was slightly over my waist. Life jackets are available for all ages and I'd say on our trip the majority of people did wear the lifejackets,I personally don't like to use them and was glad to be given a choice. We took a little inflatable ring for my 5 dd and she liked that,gave her a comfort level.We had Cap. B's drop us off at 7 mile beach and at the end of the day just took a taxi back to the Magic tenders.

bothofus-that is exactly what I want! I've been wanting to go from the stingrays to the beach but I thought I'd have to book a DCL excursion to do that. So they took you to the beach without any problems? Was it easy to catch a taxi? Where on the beach did you go and was there any food/drink nearby? Thanks

Just to clarify,I and a few others did request the videographer in advance for our excursion and the request was noted but not guaranteed as it is an independant company that does the video,so with Cap B's the video is hit and miss even with advance request. My disappointment of not having the videographer was very minimal though as the excursion itself was so enjoyable. We also checked ahead of time regarding a drop off at 7 mile beach and that is never a problem as they drive right past it anyway.I don't really know where on 7 mile beach that they dropped us off,I just told them we wanted a place with food and taxi readily available for return to the ship-they accomodated our request perfectly,wherever we were;) Kristine

Even though we didn't get our videographer we requested, some of you who are planning on booking in the near future, will probably have a better chance. One of the workers there told me that Capt Bryan's are planning on purchasing more catamarans to expand their business and that means more chances of videographers since there are more people. They also may contract on a regular basis w/ someone to take the pics/videos. As bothofus said, I was disappointed but didn't dwell on it. The trip was still great and my underwater /waterproof camera worked great. The pics game out better than expected!

Thanks for your help . . .

I'm sure I'll book them for the Oct 11 cruise. I can't wait to try out the triamaran.

And, I don't think I really care about the video. I'm more of a still picture person, anyway.

And, I read about a cool tip if you are dropped in water that is too deep. Even with the life jackets, I have read that people bring a blow up raft ($3 at Target) and put the kids on it and push to where the stingrays are. That way, the kids feel good resting on the raft and you don't have to carry them all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter