Capricorn at Discovery Cove

BroadcastNewsMSU

Mouseketeer
During our dolphin swim at DC, our dolphin was Capricorn. Apparently Capricorn was one of the two dolphins in Jaws 3. Does anyone know if he played the part of "Cindy" or "Sandy"? I was planning on watching Jaws 3, and I wanted to look out for Capricorn.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. During my dolphin swim at DC, I had Lester.

During our dolphin swim at DC, our dolphin was Capricorn. Apparently Capricorn was one of the two dolphins in Jaws 3. Does anyone know if he played the part of "Cindy" or "Sandy"? I was planning on watching Jaws 3, and I wanted to look out for Capricorn.

Capricorn, apart from being the oldest Dolphin in captivity (36 years old...when most dolphins only live to be like 25) is the dolphin that they use in all of the Sea World/Discovery Cove commercials. He is also the largest dolphin they have, and yes...he was Cindy in JAWS 3. He is also the only dolphin that makes the "fart" sound with his blowhole.:rotfl:
discoverycove062.jpg

discoverycove061.jpg

I was so glad to see that you guys were talking about Capricorn. He was the dolphin we had a few years ago. I was afraid he might have died by now. We will be going in two weeks. He ended up being our dolphin because the younger girl dolphin decided she wanted to do her own thing and play that day.

We just got back from DC and our dolphin interaction with Capricorn. The big guy is still doing great and is a shining star with the trainers. He was Sandy in the Jaws 3 movie. He has a terrific personality and we really enjoyed our dolphin swim.

What a fun day at DC!

Just thought would pass along this information for anyone who had swam with him before.

Thanks,

Melinda

Capricorn, apart from being the oldest Dolphin in captivity (36 years old...when most dolphins only live to be like 25) is the dolphin that they use in all of the Sea World/Discovery Cove commercials. He is also the largest dolphin they have, and yes...he was Cindy in JAWS 3. He is also the only dolphin that makes the "fart" sound with his blowhole.:rotfl:
discoverycove062.jpg

discoverycove061.jpg

Actually, Cap isn't the oldest dolphin in captivity (maybe the oldest at Seaworld/Discovery Cove). Nellie, at Marineland of Florida is 57 and will be 58 in Feburary. She was born in captivity on Feb 27, 1953

We had Capricorn and Roxy when we were there in September 2019. They let my husband try to pick up Cap! What a beautiful, strong animal! My husband could barely budge him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!