Cape May or Bon Voyage Breakfast for cruise embarkation day??

Bon Voyage or Cape May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I'm settled on almost all of my ADRs for my birthday trip pre-cruise stay at Pop - except the day I'll leave for the cruise.

They don't even start DCL bus pick-ups until 10:30, and in February at least, Pop and AoA were in the 11:30-12:30 pick-up range, so I'm very likely safe with a 7:30am breakfast ADR to start the day off.

My first thought (and what I currently have booked) was the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria. Because how cute is that theme - Bon Voyage on cruise embarkation day? The menu - even the allergy menu (I'm gluten-free) looks yummy. But in thinking more, I really only like Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene - not a huge Little Mermaid fan. So that could be awkward.

OTOH, I have always loved Cape May's breakfast - those characters are so fun!! It is a little more, and a buffet - though I've never had a problem with Disney buffets and being gluten-free as they always make things up for me in the back.

WWYD?

I'm settled on almost all of my ADRs for my birthday trip pre-cruise stay at Pop - except the day I'll leave for the cruise.

They don't even start DCL bus pick-ups until 10:30, and in February at least, Pop and AoA were in the 11:30-12:30 pick-up range, so I'm very likely safe with a 7:30am breakfast ADR to start the day off.

My first thought (and what I currently have booked) was the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria. Because how cute is that theme - Bon Voyage on cruise embarkation day? The menu - even the allergy menu (I'm gluten-free) looks yummy. But in thinking more, I really only like Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene - not a huge Little Mermaid fan. So that could be awkward.

OTOH, I have always loved Cape May's breakfast - those characters are so fun!! It is a little more, and a buffet - though I've never had a problem with Disney buffets and being gluten-free as they always make things up for me in the back.

WWYD?

You know, meeting Ariel and Eric doesn’t have to be awkward. Just smile and say nice to meet you. You don’t need to tell them you’re not a huge fan. But if that’s what’s causing you to think twice about the Bon Voyage breakfast, I’d recommend picking Cape May. Then you don’t need to worry or think about awkward character interactions. :)

I voted for Cape may since i LOVE that one however, since you havent tried bon voyage, I say go for that. The interaction is quite good there (though I did not like the food that much there).
Both are nice themes for kicking off a cruise (beach theme vs bon voyage!)

we are staying at the boardwalk before our cruise and I think we have settled on the Ale & Compass breakfast. I figure we will have plenty of opportunity to see characters on the ship and the breakfast at a&c sounds yummy and different than the food we'll be getting on the cruise. Also I am planning to start our park day with a PPO Garden Grill breakfast so I don't need characters two days in a row i guess (not that I haven't done that before so it's not a super compelling argument.)

BUT I had considered la trattoria as well too because it got cut from our plans last trip. My kid is on the fence about face character interactions but really enjoyed them at AP... we just kind of ran out of belly room for large breakfasts by the end of our trip last time and canceled it. This would be a real convenient time to try it out.

We have just one day in the parks this time and will probably rent a car from the dolphin and depart the hotel around 11am, my kid is an early riser anyway so I'll probably book a 8:30 or so breakfast either way. So I guess I am on the fence as well. I have a while to decide.

for your choices i think the characters and theming and food at cape may is a bit too much like the cruise so I'd go wtih trattoria for something different. Cape May hadn't even occurred to me!

I really liked my breakfast at Cape May. I like the buffet set up and being able to pick and choose what I want to eat. I wanted to go to Bon Voyage, but their menu doesn't appeal to me at all so I'll probably never go.

I love Cape May, and I feel like seeing Minnie and friends in their beach attire is a great way to get ready to set sail.

I wouldn't turn down Bon Voyage, but if I had to pick one it would be Cape May.

My in-laws did the Bon Voyage breakfast on their last day. They liked that it wasn't a buffet because it was a more relaxing experience. They also liked the unique characters. The downside is that the food was just ok for them, and there was not as much of a variety as a buffet would offer - like at Cape May.

I liked Bon Voyage for the more rare characters and I do not like buffets because I think they are unsanitary. I see kids at Disney do the grossest things at buffets.
That being said, if you don't mind buffets, I could go either way.

I personally would opt for a less expensive non-character breakfast. You will see characters for the duration of the cruise. I wouldn’t want to pay extra to see them prior to embarking

Bon Voyage was our favorite meal of our last trip in February and my mom's only request for our trip in October. The food was delicious and not buffet. The fruit plate was amazing. And loved meeting Flynn :)

we are staying at the boardwalk before our cruise and I think we have settled on the Ale & Compass breakfast. I figure we will have plenty of opportunity to see characters on the ship and the breakfast at a&c sounds yummy and different than the food we'll be getting on the cruise. Also I am planning to start our park day with a PPO Garden Grill breakfast so I don't need characters two days in a row i guess (not that I haven't done that before so it's not a super compelling argument.)

BUT I had considered la trattoria as well too because it got cut from our plans last trip. My kid is on the fence about face character interactions but really enjoyed them at AP... we just kind of ran out of belly room for large breakfasts by the end of our trip last time and canceled it. This would be a real convenient time to try it out.

We have just one day in the parks this time and will probably rent a car from the dolphin and depart the hotel around 11am, my kid is an early riser anyway so I'll probably book a 8:30 or so breakfast either way. So I guess I am on the fence as well. I have a while to decide.

for your choices i think the characters and theming and food at cape may is a bit too much like the cruise so I'd go wtih trattoria for something different. Cape May hadn't even occurred to me!

The planets once again aligned and I am in complete agreement with you on this one. :goodvibes We are doing a Disney cruise this June and will also be staying at the Boardwalk Inn and tossed the idea of either Cape May or Trattoria on our departure day. In fact, I made an ADR for CM and cancelled it a few days ago. I ended up making an ADR at Ale & Compass since we will have plenty of opportunities with characters on the Fantasy and plenty of buffet breakfasts in the Cabana on the ship as well.

The planets once again aligned and I am in complete agreement with you on this one. :goodvibes We are doing a Disney cruise this June and will also be staying at the Boardwalk Inn and tossed the idea of either Cape May or Trattoria on our departure day. In fact, I made an ADR for CM and cancelled it a few days ago. I ended up making an ADR at Ale & Compass since we will have plenty of opportunities with characters on the Fantasy and plenty of buffet breakfasts in the Cabana on the ship as well.
ooh I will look for a report. The menu looks soooo good at A&C and it's sort of a prime opportunity to give it a try. I'd upgrade to the buffet though, even though I can't even finish a whole entree - I love the variety. The kiddo is dying to try the dark chocolate waffles. By the time I pay for a drink and entree I'm almost at the buffet price anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts