Cape May Cafe - How long will it take?

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for Cape May Cafe at 7:35am and we're planning to go to Epcot straight afterwards for EMH (beginning at 8am). How long does breakfast here typically take? I realize it will cut into EMH time somewhat but I'm wondering if we would maybe be finished by 8:30ish?

If you are seated right away and the characters come to your table quickly, you may be out of there by 8:30 am, but by the time you walk to EP and go through security, you would be entering EP closer to 8:45 am. I don't think you'll really be able to take much advantage of EMH with that ADR.

We have 2 days at Epcot, both with EMH, so we wouldn't be too stressed about missing them if we had to. Just wondering what to expect if we go with this ADR. Thanks!

My take is, if you can't make it to an AM EMH at the start time, don't go at all. Don't join the masses half way thru a burned benefit. Better to go to a park with a 9am opening than to join a full park.

Also, have to concur that for dropping that kind of coin, you're going to want to savor and enjoy. In reality, you could walk in, grab 2 plates, pile 'em high, eat while walking along the food, load your food into a paper napkin and chew while you pay and walk out. But, that's not what I would call great use of a character breakfast or my vacation time. So, I usually plan character breakfasts for sleep in rest days. But, if that's not available to you, consider eating a light muffin/banana type breakfast in your room, head to EP for AM EMH and be there at 7:30. Tour until 10:30-11 and then head over to Cape May and enjoy, fill up and count it as lunch.

Show up early
Ask for check early, before you are done
Both these things can speed up your exit

You could also consider switching to a late brft like 10:30, and first take advantage of early hours, and then do FPs afterwards.

I can get an ADR at 10:55am. If I took that, what time should I leave future world to head over to Cape May Cafe?

My take is, if you can't make it to an AM EMH at the start time, don't go at all. Don't join the masses half way thru a burned benefit. Better to go to a park with a 9am opening than to join a full park.QUOTE]
100% agree. On top of that, why pay for a TS breakfast if you aren't going to take the time to relax and enjoy it.

Sounds perfect! Have a great time!
Thanks! For some reason, I'm really stressing about which character meal to book for this trip! We usually like them on a non-park day but my DH wants to keep that day completely open and ADR-free so trying to figure out which character meal will eat into park time the least is difficult!! Lol!

Oooh, then let me suggest Garden Grill. Inside Future World, don't leave the park. As suggested earlier. Tour from 7:30-10:15 in future world, grab character breakfast here that is AYCE and call that lunch. This location is very quiet and not as frenetic as other character meals and although AYCE, you never have to leave your seat, worry about missing a character, or have your party splitting up based on their timing for needing to leave for more food. The food and the characters come to you!!

Thanks! For some reason, I'm really stressing about which character meal to book for this trip! We usually like them on a non-park day but my DH wants to keep that day completely open and ADR-free so trying to figure out which character meal will eat into park time the least is difficult!! Lol!

Skip Cape May and book Garden Grill.

I canceled the early breakfast and booked Cape May for 10:55am! I did check for Garden Grill but there's no reservations available on that day any more but I will keep checking. Although I think we would prefer a buffet over AYCTE anyhow.

So I managed to get a Garden Grill reservation now - just to confuse myself some more!! :laughing: For some reason this restaurant really doesn’t seem exciting to me but after showing the kids a video of it, they think that looks best! Apparently rotating floor + Chip and Dale = a hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter