Cape May Cafe Breakfast vs. Dinner???

Rachel GB

DIS Veteran
Hi fellow Disboarders! I'm trying to decide between a 10:50 a.m. Cape May Cafe breakfast (we usually eat lunch around 11, so this would be our lunch) or a 5:45 p.m. Cape May Cafe dinner. My husband likes seafood, and we all like breakfast food. My kids love any of the Fab Five, which I know we would only get at the breakfast, although we will have other character meals during the trip. I know the dinner is supposed to be good, as well as more bang for our buck on the DDP. As this is our first family trip, I would love to have your input, please!
Which would you choose: Cape May Cafe Breakfast or Dinner?
TIA! :-)

If you are doing other character meals during the trip, I would pick dinner. The Cape May dinner is quite unique as it's the only seafood buffet at a WDW resort. If you are doing other character breakfasts, IMHO, Cape May breakfast is just more of the same.

Go for dinner! It is great and a must do for us on every trip. I still dream about their watermelon salad. My husband still talks about their house salad. The crab legs are good. Service was great.

If you are doing other character meals during the trip, I would pick dinner. The Cape May dinner is quite unique as it's the only seafood buffet at a WDW resort. If you are doing other character breakfasts, IMHO, Cape May breakfast is just more of the same.
@DisneyWishes14 , thank you! :)

Go for dinner! It is great and a must do for us on every trip. I still dream about their watermelon salad. My husband still talks about their house salad. The crab legs are good. Service was great.
@Haygar2 , that sounds amazing! Thank you! :)

If you choose dinner, I would suggest walking over the Boardwalk after your meal. In the evening, they will have magicians and jugglers performing and some carnival games open. Dinner and walking around the Boardwalk make for such a lovely evening!

If you choose dinner, I would suggest walking over the Boardwalk after your meal. In the evening, they will have magicians and jugglers performing and some carnival games open. Dinner and walking around the Boardwalk make for such a lovely evening!
@DisneyWishes14 , what an awesome suggestion- thanks! We were actually going to do CMC on our Epcot day, but I love this tip and might just try to make it work!

Hi fellow Disboarders! I'm trying to decide between a 10:50 a.m. Cape May Cafe breakfast (we usually eat lunch around 11, so this would be our lunch) or a 5:45 p.m. Cape May Cafe dinner. My husband likes seafood, and we all like breakfast food. My kids love any of the Fab Five, which I know we would only get at the breakfast, although we will have other character meals during the trip. I know the dinner is supposed to be good, as well as more bang for our buck on the DDP. As this is our first family trip, I would love to have your input, please!
Which would you choose: Cape May Cafe Breakfast or Dinner?
TIA! :-)
There are a few 'better' buffet breakfasts at Disney. Cape May is one of them, especially if you like smoked salmon. Because if you do, there is extraordinary value at Cape May....which is still a very good breakfast buffet - with my personal favorite, Goofy, being your host.

There are better seafood options around the Boardwalk - we prefer BlueZoo. Disney Springs has good seafood options as well, with Boathouse being the current standout (mixed reviews at Paddlefish continue).

Our breakfast there was our favorite meal on our last trip. We have done lots of breakfast buffets and this one was the best IMO.

There are a few 'better' buffet breakfasts at Disney. Cape May is one of them, especially if you like smoked salmon. Because if you do, there is extraordinary value at Cape May....which is still a very good breakfast buffet - with my personal favorite, Goofy, being your host.

There are better seafood options around the Boardwalk - we prefer BlueZoo. Disney Springs has good seafood options as well, with Boathouse being the current standout (mixed reviews at Paddlefish continue).
@JZCubed , thank you! The breakfast does sound great, and I appreciate the seafood option suggestions, also!

Two words...CRAB LEGS!!!! Dinner it is!!!!!LOL
@2hapykdz , hahaha! Thank you for the vote. I think my husband would agree with you about the crab legs!

If you choose the dinner, make you sure you try the roasted brussel sprouts. To-die-for!
@JerseyJanice , those sound amazing, thanks! Will do!

Our breakfast there was our favorite meal on our last trip. We have done lots of breakfast buffets and this one was the best IMO.
@twoolle , although it seems many people responding prefer dinner, I've heard such good things about the breakfast! I love that it was your favorite meal of the trip, and I guess this is still going to be a tough decision!

Bluezoo isn't on the Dining Plan. The Boathouse is signature dining so that's 2 credits compared to the 1 credit for Cape May Dinner.

I like them both, and as mentioned, the breakfast has smoked salmon.

I would pick dinner if you do have other character breakfasts.

I like them both, and as mentioned, the breakfast has smoked salmon.

I would pick dinner if you do have other character breakfasts.
@bobbiwoz , thanks for the input! We do have other character meals, but no breakfasts. This is a special trip and we're doing Club Level, so we really don't need breakfast ADRs. We eat pretty early, so the 10:50 breakfast would be more of a brunch/lunch for us. Our other ADRs are: Tusker House dinner, Cinderella's Royal Table lunch, Ohana dinner, 1900 Park Fare dinner, and Be Our Guest lunch. TIA!

Last edited:
At Cape May, they have little neck clams, mussels besides the snow crab legs. There's peel and eat shrimp, clam chowder ( New England) and I think a good assortment of salads. DH only enjoys the peel and eat shrimp as far as seafood, but he does enjoy eating there. If he wasn't taking a nap now, I would ask him what he usually picks. I know there's a salad he enjoys.

By the way, I think their corn bread is worthy of dessert status, I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter