Cape Cod buffet or PYM Kitchen buffet for dinner on pre-park days?

Cyn T

Earning My Ears
Hi! My family (myself, husband, sons 10 and 12 years old) will be heading to DLP in April, staying at Newport Bay for three nights. Our DLP trip will be preceded by some time in Italy, and a few nights in Paris. Our DLP arrival day, we will spend the morning and afternoon in the city, then we plan to check-in at Newport Bay and have dinner before spending the next two full days at the parks. (Technically, we could also visit on the morning of our check-out day, before our 2pm flight out of CDG.)

Assuming that tickets/entry isn't a problem for our arrival day, would you advise:
  1. Dinner at Pym's (and maybe catch Power the Night, if it'll be showing, or whatever other nighttime spectacular they have)
  2. Dinner at Cape Code at Newport Bay and check out Disney Village
  3. Dinner somewhere in Disneyland (and maybe catch Electrical Sky Parade and Dreams)
We already have dining reservations at Chez Remy and Captain Jack's, but there seems to be some availability if you recommend we eat at one of those on our arrival night, instead. Seeing the nighttime spectaculars is definitely a priority, and I'd like to option to do a repeat viewing if any of the shows are particularly good.

What would you suggest?

Thank you!

(For context, in case it matters, Anaheim is our home park and we visit often. My husband and I visited DLP once, many years ago, but my sons have not been. We've also been to all of the other Disney theme parks around the world. We've also done Aulani and DCL a couple of times. Have not tried ABD yet, but hope to one day.)

When in April are we talking about, except the first week there are school holidays for the rest of April. With the final week is the week off for Paris (and most of Europe).

As this can influence how much you can do in a day, I would opt to get a quick service meal somewhere and start exploring the park to get familiar with it and already see one night time show. As that is a priority.

You are already used by the time zone at this part of your trip. So most you have to worry about is being fatigued from the trip itself.

To be clear the Studios do not always have a night time show. So keep that in mind when getting closer to your arrival date.

Other option: eat in the Village and then go to either of the two parks.

When in April are we talking about, except the first week there are school holidays for the rest of April. With the final week is the week off for Paris (and most of Europe).

Thanks for the response! We'll be visiting the first week of April.

Bummer about the Studios not always having a nighttime show. I suppose if they were going to bring back Power the Night during that time, it would have already been announced by now?

Definitely go into the parks! Walt's is also a fantastic restaurant and was our favorite. The nighttime shows and parades at DLP are in my opinion the best that Disney parks offer.

You'll probably also be able to walk onto some of the rides: why not? Their version of Space Mtn is awesome, as is BTMRR, Haunted Mansion and of course Crush's Coaster is awesome.

Have fun!

Definitely go into the parks! Walt's is also a fantastic restaurant and was our favorite. The nighttime shows and parades at DLP are in my opinion the best that Disney parks offer.

You'll probably also be able to walk onto some of the rides: why not? Their version of Space Mtn is awesome, as is BTMRR, Haunted Mansion and of course Crush's Coaster is awesome.

Have fun!

Thanks! I really wanted to eat at Walt's, but the menu really doesn't sound appetizing to me. It looks beautiful, though, from the photos and footage I've seen!

Okay, will keep in mind that we should use that first arrival night as a light intro to the parks. Thank you!

I wasn't too keen on the menu at Walt's either... but then we dined there and really enjoyed our meal! Don't count it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter