Capacity is capacity.... right?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
So I know this is wayyyyyy ahead planning,

But we just got back from our first ever trip which we went during Christmas week, had 2 capacity days. We had a fab time. Research helped us avoid crowds.

So that being said we are thinking about a Week after Christmas/New Years trip for December 2019 (23 months away lol)

Obviously it’s too soon to set things in stone, but capacity is capacity right? Even with Star Wars opening it can’t be busier then what we witnessed.. right?!?!?

Star Wars will add some physical area plus queue space, so will also add to the capacity number. But I do think if you have experienced max-capacity days and you know what to expect you will be ok. It's the people who show up expecting no one to be there that have the worst reactions.

And its possible, after SWGE opens, maybe more people will be taken up in those lines so it wouldn't be as bad in another area of the park? Trying to imagine Animal Kingdom after Pandora opened. Even though there were 2 hr waits to get into that land, plus 4 hr waits for the rides, the rest of it seemed to be reasonable.

But we just got back from our first ever trip which we went during Christmas week, had 2 capacity days. We had a fab time. Research helped us avoid crowds.

There are stages of capacity. Did it hit the absolute capacity, or was it in an earlier stage? I don’t recall.

Those are some of the earlier stages of gate closures. At the highest level, no one no how gets in until the Fire Marshal says so. But I agree with earlier posters -- if you've already experienced some level of capacity crowds and go into your trip with reasonable expectations (so important!), then you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter