• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canton Beef - Nine Dragons, EPCOT

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Have you seen this week's recipe at OrlandoSentinel.com? It's for the Canton Beef at EPCOT's Nine Dragons. I can't wait to try this - I love Chinese food!

Deb

Canton Beef from Epcot's Nine Dragons Restaurant

Yield: 4 servings.

8 oz beef flank steak
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 small onion
1 c cooking oil

Marinade:
4 Tbl water
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp chicken base
¼ tsp sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp cornstarch

Sauce:
1 Tbl soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp wine
1 tsp chicken stock
½ tsp chicken base
½ tsp sugar
Pinch white pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
¼ tsp sesame oil

1. Slice beef flank steak. Combine marinade ingredients. Marinate beef in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Cut peppers and onion into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Place approximately 1 cup of cooking oil in a heated wok or fry pan and heat oil to medium heat. Place marinated beef in heated oil and cook until almost done. Drain beef into a strainer. Set aside.
4. Leave about a teaspoon of oil in the wok. Place it back on the stove. Stir-fry onion and peppers for 30 seconds. Pour sauce mixture over onions and green peppers. Stir occasionally with a spatula.
5. When sauce mixture begins to darken in color, place beef back into the wok and stir-fry swiftly. The dish is done when the peppers have softened. Serve hot with steamed white rice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter