Can't send private message?

Disleeg

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but I went past the 10 post minimum around 24 hours ago and am still unable to send a private message, add a signature and all that good stuff.

Anything obvious I'm missing?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but I went past the 10 post minimum around 24 hours ago and am still unable to send a private message, add a signature and all that good stuff.

Actually you asked this question just prior to your 24 hour mark. You joined at 10:40 am and you asked at 9:21 am.

You do now have PM capability now. BTW, it's called "conversations" here.

Actually you asked this question just prior to your 24 hour mark. You joined at 10:40 am and you asked at 9:21 am.

You do now have PM capability now. BTW, it's called "conversations" here.

I see - thanks for that info, makes sense and I can indeed now have a conversation.

I'm having the same issue... I've reached my 10 post minimum and joined yesterday at 9:20am. Do I need to wait a bit longer?

I'm having the same issue... I've reached my 10 post minimum and joined yesterday at 9:20am. Do I need to wait a bit longer?
Generally, in the past, once you've achieved the required plateau (10 posts) it would take the system a little time to recognize it. Usually 30-60 minutes. I don't know if that still true with the implementation of the 24 hour requirement. But it seems like it could be.

Generally, in the past, once you've achieved the required plateau (10 posts) it would take the system a little time to recognize it. Usually 30-60 minutes. I don't know if that still true with the implementation of the 24 hour requirement. But it seems like it could be.
Ahh... okay. I'll check again at 10:30am. Thank you!

I am trying to send a private message but I get an error message. I believe I have enough posts. Am I doing something incorrectly? Or missing something?
I get "oops, you can not start a private message with _____"

I am trying to send a private message but I get an error message. I believe I have enough posts. Am I doing something incorrectly? Or missing something?
I get "oops, you can not start a private message with _____"
Is it possible that the person you're attempting to start a conversation with doesn't have the minimum post requirement? Or hasn't been a member for 24 hours?

Both sender and receiver have to meet the minimum requirements for a conversation to be possible.

It's been like 7 or 8 years since I used this forum, but I have the same user info. Is this restriction a new thing? And is it going to lose the ability to start private conversations if I go awol again?

It's been like 7 or 8 years since I used this forum, but I have the same user info. Is this restriction a new thing? And is it going to lose the ability to start private conversations if I go awol again?
You should be good now. It doesn't appear that you had any posts from back when you first joined. To combat spam, the current software requires a minimum number of posts, which you have now met. If you take a break in the future it shouldn't be any problem coming back.

Thanks for the update I was not sure how the conversations worked either.

So u have to do ten post and wait 24 hours very can pm someone

Good morning,

You can post 10 posts on the test boards. People normally number each of "test" posts. So on the forum tab, go all the way down to technical support, click on the sub category under technical support and it will take you to the test page where you can enter your posts.

So u have to do ten post and wait 24 hours very can pm someone

I have my ten in but as I did further research/reading I need to wait 24 hours from my initial joining which puts me at 2:26PM today, then I believe I can PM you, I have been looking every ten minutes. Thank you for your patience sir.
Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter