Can't order Magic Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently my MDE account is broken. Bad broken. Got an email back that they can't fix it.
I can choose to make a new one with a new email address and they'll move the important info or if I don't have another email address to use I can call them and they'll erase it and rebuild it.
I honestly am not sure which is the better course of action.
I do have another email address I can use but I don't use that email for many things. I'd have to remember to check that account and then remember that MDE is just about the only thing that is with that email.
But, I've had so many problems with the other one, maybe I do need to start from scratch.
Has anyone ever had this happen? Maybe I need to start another thread?

Evidently my MDE account is broken. Bad broken. Got an email back that they can't fix it.
I can choose to make a new one with a new email address and they'll move the important info or if I don't have another email address to use I can call them and they'll erase it and rebuild it.
I honestly am not sure which is the better course of action.
I do have another email address I can use but I don't use that email for many things. I'd have to remember to check that account and then remember that MDE is just about the only thing that is with that email.
But, I've had so many problems with the other one, maybe I do need to start from scratch.
Has anyone ever had this happen? Maybe I need to start another thread?

I would move it to a new email address. If you go often, this could be your dedicated Disney email account.

I would move it to a new email address. If you go often, this could be your dedicated Disney email account.
Turned out I didn't have a choice
The email they sent me said I could do either/or but when I called them turns out I had to create a new account
And I had used all my email accounts at one point or another to create an account in MDE. Not sure why, they weren't connected to me, my AP, or any other info but, since I had used them I couldn't use them again.
Had to create a brand new email account. Which I found to be really annoying! I wanted to throw a tantrum and say "I don't want another email account" but I got over it. I created the account and just forwarded the emails to the account I read/check. The only pain is I have to sign in everywhere at the Disney site using the account I never use for anything else. Annoys me that it was their stupid problem that caused me to have to jump through hoops.

The interesting thing, if I end up on any junk email lists we'll know who sold the info

Turned out I didn't have a choice
The email they sent me said I could do either/or but when I called them turns out I had to create a new account
And I had used all my email accounts at one point or another to create an account in MDE. Not sure why, they weren't connected to me, my AP, or any other info but, since I had used them I couldn't use them again.
Had to create a brand new email account. Which I found to be really annoying! I wanted to throw a tantrum and say "I don't want another email account" but I got over it. I created the account and just forwarded the emails to the account I read/check. The only pain is I have to sign in everywhere at the Disney site using the account I never use for anything else. Annoys me that it was their stupid problem that caused me to have to jump through hoops.

The interesting thing, if I end up on any junk email lists we'll know who sold the info

That is very annoying. Will any of your old Magic band be connected to your new account?

Looks like I'm not done with calling them. Though I'm going to wait till tomorrow. Everything is in my MDE account but for DGD's AP. They didn't seem to move that over, it's still in the old account. They said it make take several hours to finish the transfer so it's possible that hasn't been moved yet. Everything else has though. So I'm betting I'll have to get them to fix that. But, I will.

Reactions: rlk
Looks like I'm not done with calling them. Though I'm going to wait till tomorrow. Everything is in my MDE account but for DGD's AP. They didn't seem to move that over, it's still in the old account. They said it make take several hours to finish the transfer so it's possible that hasn't been moved yet. Everything else has though. So I'm betting I'll have to get them to fix that. But, I will.

So, you get to call tomorrow. That's something to look forward to.:rolleyes:

They must have fixed the glitch, at least to some extent. I was just at MDE on the website and was able to customize our bands as normal for Nov trip with no problem.

But Angi, isn't listening to the 1927 phonograph quality parks music the highlight of your day?!

I'm waiting for my MDE to be "bad broken." LILO already hates me. I have tons of MB, tons of friends, tons of reservation history - it's constantly causing problems. A CM at Pop told me the limit was 33 MB, I'm not there yet so we'll see...

(I'm also having future-MB-choosing issues, but I have a bit of time so I'll ride it out.)

But Angi, isn't listening to the 1927 phonograph quality parks music the highlight of your day?!

I'm waiting for my MDE to be "bad broken." LILO already hates me. I have tons of MB, tons of friends, tons of reservation history - it's constantly causing problems. A CM at Pop told me the limit was 33 MB, I'm not there yet so we'll see...

(I'm also having future-MB-choosing issues, but I have a bit of time so I'll ride it out.)
I did cross the 33 number last trip. That may have done it. They told me my account has "over 1000 entries" but they didn't say what all was counted as on entry.

As to the hold music, it was fun. I texted DH each time I got a new song. I got to relive Soarin', Pooh, pirates, American Adventure, HM, Indy show

At one point it was Small World. DH said he'd have hung up. I said I bet they put that in there as a test to see just how serious your call was. If you could hang on through that, you get an agent.

Last edited:
I did cross the 33 number last trip. That may have done it. They told me my account has "over 1000 entries" but they didn't say what all was counted as on entry.

As to the hold music, it was fun. I texted DH each time I got a new song. I got you relive Soarin', Pooh, pirates, American Adventure, HM, Indy show

At one point it was Small World. DH said he'd have hung up. I said I bet they put that in there as a test to see just how serious your call was. If you could hang on through that, you get an agent.

UGH, I am just waiting for this to be me soon, I am precariously close to that magic number. I really wish I could just delete all of the really old MBs, and the cards, why are there so many old cards on my account too, they are obviously not useful anymore!

I would be so annoyed if I had to use a new email to set up a new MDE, especially since the MDE APP is so terrible I tend to just check my email for a cancellation if I have an errant dining reservation that I know I cancelled still showing on the APP, instead of going to the website, and I really don't need another email account on my phone.

My husband's DL account was hosed a couple years ago, he had like 15 instances of himself and hundreds of entries, but they were able to fix it all on the back end over the course of a few days, and they just gave him random ticket media and a discount card to use while we were there instead of his AP.

My husband actually likes that horrible music so I usually call on the weekends when he is around and have him monitor the line while I am useful around the house.

The nice thing about the Gmail account I used is I can just forward it to my regular email that I do check, so I am not having to check another account (I already have 3 on there for work, etc)
I just have to use it as my log in. And at least on the phone, it can have it remember it and log in with a fingerprint, I don't have to type it.
So it's not going to be all that bad in the end, just a pain that I have to do something to fix it because of their software.
I never wanted 1000 entries in my MDE account. If they would actually purge old data rather than leave it in there cluttering up their data base it would help a lot!
I mean, sure, we visit often, and we resort hop often, so we have A LOT of resort stays. They all stay in there so CM have to scroll through pages and pages of info. They can keep all the old data they want but it doesn't need to reside in each person's account. That, plus a lot of MB, even inactive ones, is what did it. At least that's what they claim. Who knows

I have had a sad, sorry love of IASW since I first rode it at 7 years old - so their plan may occasionally backfire! I don't mind the hold music in general, I just can't get over the quality/static.

Clearly, their system wasn't built for those of us non-locals who visit often. "Normal," once every year or two, yes. Locals who don't have resort stays, tons of ADRs and FPs, yes. But then you get into this weird subset of us out of state AP holders who have inhaled a liiitle too much pixie dust and our files end up too large for the system to handle.

They use all of that info; anytime we go to GR or even check into the hotel it takes forever a) for the system to load and b) for the CM to read all of the notes. (I don't feel like we're "bad guests" but we're allergy diners, we always end up visiting the desk about our room assignments - somehow we always seem to end up the opposite of where we request, and I've written two or maybe three complaint emails (since 2010 - so it's not a huge ratio vs days on property.) One of them resulted in a "file" with some FPs. Not sure how bad those "crimes" are in their eyes - I feel like we get a little attitude so there must be a note about something! lol.

Then there are MBs, resort stays, cancelled resort stays, ADRs, cancelled ADRs, friends, Photopass pictures, FPs, etc, etc. Probably upcharge events/tours go in there somewhere too. 1000 entries seems kind of small, actually.

Still, if the system is unable to handle five years of frequent visitors, how will it handle decades of moderate visitors?

Oh, we'd have to have well over 1000. They just said "over 1000 entries"
Just last week we had 4 resort stays, plus I cancelled at least 4 rooms while trying to book exactly the rooms I did want. For 1 trip.
The only time I have CM comment on the number of stays is when I go to make a payment at the desk. I guess they have to scroll to even find the current stay. Every time I get "wow, you come a lot"

I finally broke down and called.
75 min later, 2 issues had to be escalated to IT
Still can't access the Magic Band area on the website (only on the app)
Still can't access any Annual Passholder room discounts

They haven't a clue what's wrong. The guy suspects that the number of MB on the account could be what's causing the MB issue. They are going to remove all the inactive bands we have completely. Which would be great. Would be great if they'd allow users to do that too. Give choices of making them inactive or remove, since there are cases for both. I wanted to make some more inactive, which is how I found this problem in the first place.
The Passholder room problem is a complete mystery

Looks like we were trying to do the same thing(s) at the same time!

I was able to de-activate all but 2 MB's on the app (per your suggestion on another thread) and when I checked in last night not only did online check in work for the first time in a while but so did my MB! One problem solved, now I am going to call IT when I get home and see if they can remove all of our old bands or at least trim it down to the ones we use.

As for pass holder room discount, I can't either :( and extended family is getting frustrated me LOL.

Just last week we had 4 resort stays, plus I cancelled at least 4 rooms while trying to book exactly the rooms I did want. For 1 trip.
The only time I have CM comment on the number of stays is when I go to make a payment at the desk. I guess they have to scroll to even find the current stay. Every time I get "wow, you come a lot"

Ah I feel for you - we were at 32bands in November and the CM at Wilderness Lodge definitely made her frustration known. Her as well as the one last trip at BWV were not to happy - its frustrating to have the CM say omg you come so much I can't even find your reservation and not in a friendly way. Usually when I am recognized as a frequent customer I am thanked.

We do split stays as well as the number in the party changes, we travel with my sil and her kids and since they live in FL they usually only stay over 2/3 nights. So we need a bigger room for those days and then we downsize when its just the 3 of us. Even with declining MB's on many stays we have "way too many".

And YES you can't just modify a room if you need to make changes you have to either call or cancel re-book so apparently all those canceled reservations are still siting in our accounts. (Well not yours anymore)

Good luck -

My issue is now fixed. I had 41 days to go before our DVC rental stay so I called MDE Tech Support yesterday and explained to the CM that there was no option to customize bands and the current order was not showing in MDE. He seemed very surprised but was very nice. He had to get a supervisor to help him. He finally got it to show on his end and was taking our colors and inputting on his computer. Then his froze and he asked me to login to mine and see if I could do it. Lo and behold there it was! Glad that is taken care of!

Reactions: rlk
My issue is now fixed. I had 41 days to go before our DVC rental stay so I called MDE Tech Support yesterday and explained to the CM that there was no option to customize bands and the current order was not showing in MDE. He seemed very surprised but was very nice. He had to get a supervisor to help him. He finally got it to show on his end and was taking our colors and inputting on his computer. Then his froze and he asked me to login to mine and see if I could do it. Lo and behold there it was! Glad that is taken care of!

Twoolie, I'm glad you got the issue fixed.

Just coming here because I also noticed I was having a Magic Band order issue. All of mine, and my family members are currently missing. I am hoping it is just a MDX glitch BECAUSE I had the exact same issue you are talking about with your account needing to be rebuilt last month (and I DO NOT want to do it again)! However, I did not get an e-mail, I was checking into CSR when I told them that during my last 5 stays, my Magic Band NEVER worked and had to be manually added to the room or whatever. The CM called IT and they said there was nothing to do but rebuild the account, as I was starting a vacation, with three guests only I managed with ticket entitlements, MVMCP tickets, dining, FP+, etc.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Fortunately, they were able to use my same username. A majority of my information came back within hours (thankfully FP+ were untouched since I was heading to HS after lunch). I also went through the hour long waits on the phone numerous times. I had some tickets that never came back and had to be manually added, PhotoPass watermarks that would not go away when I have PhotoPass+ with the AP, all my PhotoPass photos missing (the CM informed me whoever rebuilt mine completely forgot to touch my photos), and my sister's annual pass got swapped to me after she had been using it for over 100 days and had entered the park with it 3 days on our trip.

The CM at check-in also informed me that I "visited Disney too much" and had "too much information" in my account. I will admit, I book multiple resorts and cancel or rebook only because it is so much easier than calling to modify since my "change reservation" button never worked. I will say, once all the calls were over, my account now works as expected. I can modify things, and all of my Magic Bands once again worked on my resort room. Hopefully yours will work as well! I agree 100% that it was ridiculous that the guest had to experience this and do so much of the follow-up to fix an issue that their system cannot handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter