Can't order Magic Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

DIS Veteran
I finalized my reservation today, so I went to My Disney Experience to customize Magic Bands, but nothing about Magic Bands was showing up. I called tech support and was told they needed to escalate the issue. He thinks it will be resolved in a few days. Has anyone ever had this issue?

When is your trip? Magic bands can only be customized at a certain number of days prior to your reservation.

We are having problems with several sets, two of which should have shipped but are nowhere to be found. I'll be calling the help desk in the morning.

There was some serious issues with the pretty bands that were supposed to ship out before Christmas. Lots of upset people. Those bands though! Gorgeous!

We are having problems with several sets, two of which should have shipped but are nowhere to be found. I'll be calling the help desk in the morning.

Did you track them? You usually get a tracking number in your MDE notifications.

Did you track them? You usually get a tracking number in your MDE notifications.
The challenge is that we have 1/30-1/31 Kidani, then 1/31-2/2 Kidani, then 2/10-2/13 2 studios Poly, then 2/13-2/16 Kidani + 2 AP Magic bands. We have received the first Kidani bands package. We should have 6 more packages shipping. When I go to "magic bands and cards" it shows the already received bands as active and the AP bands(not yet received) as active but none of the others. We have a few tracking numbers but the USPS site says it has not received the packages. I'm concerned about the 1/31-2/2 Kidani bands bc that is for 8 people. The other reason I believe there is a problem is because I can normally see that I have magic bands to customize or decline, but that has vanished from my MDE.

I would call IT if I were you. They should be able to tell you what’s going on & if there’s an issue fix it. Your trip is coming up, so you don’t want to wait till the last minute to find out there’s a problem.

The challenge is that we have 1/30-1/31 Kidani, then 1/31-2/2 Kidani, then 2/10-2/13 2 studios Poly, then 2/13-2/16 Kidani + 2 AP Magic bands. We have received the first Kidani bands package. We should have 6 more packages shipping. When I go to "magic bands and cards" it shows the already received bands as active and the AP bands(not yet received) as active but none of the others. We have a few tracking numbers but the USPS site says it has not received the packages. I'm concerned about the 1/31-2/2 Kidani bands bc that is for 8 people. The other reason I believe there is a problem is because I can normally see that I have magic bands to customize or decline, but that has vanished from my MDE.

We are moving several times too. I just booked DVC for Spring Break and had to piece together whatever was available. On the reservation page on My Disney Experience, there is nothing showing up about Magic bands. I asked the tech guy if it was due to having several reservations. He said it wasn't because ogf all the reservations. He wasn't sure why and therefore had to escalate the problem.

This happened when we made our reservation for our trip last year. It was a few months out though so we just waited a bit and checked back a couple of weeks later and it was back. I just assumed it was a glitch.

Reactions: rlk
This happened when we made our reservation for our trip last year. It was a few months out though so we just waited a bit and checked back a couple of weeks later and it was back. I just assumed it was a glitch.

Good to know it was fixed within a couple of weeks. As long as it is resolved in time to customize our bands, all is good.

I paid for the vacation almost 6 months ago but the ability to pick out bands just showed up on day 141 to vacation.

Does anyone know the cutoff date for customizing bands?
At least 10 days prior to check in, they will be mailed to US addresses.
Less than 10 and more than 5, customized MagicBands picked up at resort.
Less than 5, uncustomized grey bands at resort.

At least 10 days prior to check in, they will be mailed to US addresses.
Less than 10 and more than 5, customized MagicBands picked up at resort.
Less than 5, uncustomized grey bands at resort.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the cutoff date for customizing bands?

I have a room/ticket package flying in on 2/18 and I only have until 1/18 to customize mine. If you look under Magic Bands on MDE online it should tell you how long you have.

No clue where the timeline of 10/5 is coming from unless those are last minute, but I'd think the customization would have to be done when booking.

I have a room/ticket package flying in on 2/18 and I only have until 1/18 to customize mine. If you look under Magic Bands on MDE online it should tell you how long you have.

No clue where the timeline of 10/5 is coming from unless those are last minute, but I'd think the customization would have to be done when booking.

We check-in to our first resort on 3/29. Hopefully, Disney IT will fix my issue before then:rolleyes1

Yeah...I think our deadline to customize bands were similar to yours because I got them weeks before our stay date. But, you don't need to customize when booking...you can go in and customize, go back in and change your mind unlimited amount of times until the date they say you have until...since they will produce (with name and number on the back of the puck) magicbands and ship them after that.

Yeah...I think our deadline to customize bands were similar to yours because I got them weeks before our stay date. But, you don't need to customize when booking...you can go in and customize, go back in and change your mind unlimited amount of times until the date they say you have until...since they will produce (with name and number on the back of the puck) magicbands and ship them after that.

Right. I was meaning if you're booking within 30 days of arrival you might have to customize them immediately.

I'm ready for mine to be done - I've been bouncing between three colors, so it'll be whatever happens to be the color du jour on my deadline that I'll end up with. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!