***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

We recently learned our credits on Southwest for our May trip that we would have to use by October 2020 are now extended to June 2022...definitely gonna be able to go by then, right?

We recently learned our credits on Southwest for our May trip that we would have to use by October 2020 are now extended to June 2022...definitely gonna be able to go by then, right?

I plan to use my SWA credits in October 2021 since we are driving in May. I fully expect both trips to happen with just about everything back to normal.

I plan to use my SWA credits in October 2021 since we are driving in May. I fully expect both trips to happen with just about everything back to normal.

It's good we all have these credits!

It always feels so good to actually have the airline tickets! Like then you know it's happening. :D I thought we would have to pay towards it due to change fees, so I was beyond thrilled to see how it worked out.

(of course nothing is for sure)

I seem to have way to may airline credits. Credit for early April from Spring break, then the credit from what would have been our June Aulani trip. Both with Southwest, for three people. Then we just got credit with Delta for flights to Bogota, Colombia for two people for a early August wedding (which is still happening, but Colombia has heavily restricted flights until August 31).

I seem to have way to may airline credits. Credit for early April from Spring break, then the credit from what would have been our June Aulani trip. Both with Southwest, for three people. Then we just got credit with Delta for flights to Bogota, Colombia for two people for a early August wedding (which is still happening, but Colombia has heavily restricted flights until August 31).

Oh, Bogota!!! We are planning a trip to Cartagena in the next couple years! (hopefully) Cartagena for a few nights and then Miami for a few nights. :)

Today I had one of those days...

Went for a walk, gloriously hot out here in Chicago- 93 - and I'm just walking, enjoying myself and i caught a glimpse of myself in the window and thought....Hey, this would make a great Disney outfit! :rotfl:

Hope everyone is well! Was able to be a part of a large, beautiful, peaceful protest, very moving.
:)

Woo Hoo! We are fully booked today. It’s going to be a bit tight with 5 of us in a 1 bedroom but with the new borrowing rules a 2 bedroom is no longer feasible. Hoping that Disney will be near normal by May.

Woo Hoo! We are fully booked today. It’s going to be a bit tight with 5 of us in a 1 bedroom but with the new borrowing rules a 2 bedroom is no longer feasible. Hoping that Disney will be near normal by May.

That's a great feeling! :)

Every new re-opening detail makes me more and more concerned for our re-scheduled trip in December (no park hopping, no FP+, no festival, and no DiveQuest will be deal-breakers if still the case in December), so I started checking prices for the Swan for May 2021 backup dates. Unfortunately they show no availability starting April 24 through May with the exception of May 6-12 - which doesn't fit with our schedule. Hopefully as it gets closer to May, more availability will pop up, but for now I'm worried about not being able to get a room for May (because I don't have anything else to stress out about 😵).

Every new re-opening detail makes me more and more concerned for our re-scheduled trip in December (no park hopping, no FP+, no festival, and no DiveQuest will be deal-breakers if still the case in December), so I started checking prices for the Swan for May 2021 backup dates. Unfortunately they show no availability starting April 24 through May with the exception of May 6-12 - which doesn't fit with our schedule. Hopefully as it gets closer to May, more availability will pop up, but for now I'm worried about not being able to get a room for May (because I don't have anything else to stress out about 😵).

I wouldn't worry about May. No one can book any Disney hotels right now, so maybe people panicked and booked Swan/Dolphin for next year for just in case! Once reservations open up I'm sure reservations will be available everywhere.

Being a DVC owner I have booked for May already (did it yesterday). What about for people booking regular rooms? I know everything is closed for booking even for the rest of this year right now. Normally rates are released late June, and this year is anything but normal.

When do you do think rates/booking will be released? Still late June, mid July, or even sometime in August?

Last edited:
Being a DVC owner I have booked for May already (did it yesterday). What about for people booking regular rooms? I know everything is closed for booking even for the rest of this year right now. Normally rates are released late June, and this year is anything but normal.

When do you do think rates/booking will be released? Still late June, mid July, or even sometime in August?

When they get their new park reservation system set up they will start probably with people who have tickets, APs, then just existing reservations. Then open up booking to new guests?

I have no idea when they will open up 2021 for booking, but I assume it should be around the same time as all of the above because I'm sure some people booked for the next couple months will want to move their trips to 2021.

Pretty happy to see yesterday my tickets got extended to Sept 2021. Happy I won't have to pay extra for my tickets for May 2021 and if we don't go then I think we'll go that last week in Sept.

Pretty happy to see yesterday my tickets got extended to Sept 2021. Happy I won't have to pay extra for my tickets for May 2021 and if we don't go then I think we'll go that last week in Sept.

That's great to have tickets already!

We don't have ours and now I'm curious to see what they end up being like. Normally we just buy hoppers for the whole trip, now who knows...

Our December tickets have been extended as well, so we've got tickets for May if need be. However, when we moved our cancelled May '20 trip to December, the price of just a room at the Swan booked directly through Marriott was about the same as the price of a package with room & tickets through Costco Travel, so even though we have tickets, if we decide to move again to May '21 and the cost of booking just a room is still nearly as expensive as buying a package, we might just book the package and essentially get "free" tickets for a later trip since we'd be spending the same amount either way.

I really hope it’s sooner than August considering I just booked a JetBlue flight for Labor Day weekend lol

For those who have gone in May in the past few years, how have the traditional crowds been?

It really depends on when in May you’re talking about. The later the month goes on the more crowds tend to build. Memorial Day weekend gets nuts but other than that it’s really not bad.

But again everything is up in the air next year. The cheerleader comps and school trips that usually happen earlier in the month are a question mark. A lot of people still booked for this year seem to be looking at next spring and summer since the big announcements have come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter