***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Park hopping is a key part of our touring strategy, so if the park reservation system (which seems to imply no hopping) is still in place in December we'll be moving our trip yet again to May 2021.

Yes, I hope they don't get rid of it permanently!

If you choose May, we will be happy to have you!
:)

Anyone nervous that with the new reservation system that will be in place for however long will somehow mess up our future reservations? I keep envisioning them deleting all future reservations or something!!!

That won't happen, right? :scared::scared::scared:

Anyone nervous that with the new reservation system that will be in place for however long will somehow mess up our future reservations? I keep envisioning them deleting all future reservations or something!!!

That won't happen, right? :scared::scared::scared:
Well my initial reaction is "No way would that happen"...but if you told me last year when I booked for May 2020 that a virus would shut down the world and cancel my trip I would have told you "No way would that happen"..so what do I know?

We are just going in and out for the 50th. Long weekend.

That’s our plan too. But if May 2021 is somehow messed up then we’ll just extend that weekend stay and add Poly days on. I’m just glad I was in a rush to book in order to secure a room.

Personally after seeing all the freaking out elsewhere on the boards due to the announcements today, I’m thrilled that we’re waiting and I know I made the right call to wait until next May.

That’s our plan too. But if May 2021 is somehow messed up then we’ll just extend that weekend stay and add Poly days on. I’m just glad I was in a rush to book in order to secure a room.

Personally after seeing all the freaking out elsewhere on the boards due to the announcements today, I’m thrilled that we’re waiting and I know I made the right call to wait until next May.

We still plan to go in May. I am confident things will be back to normal, or as normal as it can be.

Same here. Though I wouldn’t be opposed to more use of virtual queues and the loss of “please fill in all the available space” being permanent. I hate being able to tell who didn’t shower in the stretching room! :crazy2:

The stretching room is the main thing I keep thinking about. It’s so gross.

Same here. Though I wouldn’t be opposed to more use of virtual queues and the loss of “please fill in all the available space” being permanent. I hate being able to tell who didn’t shower in the stretching room! :crazy2:
The stretching room is the main thing I keep thinking about. It’s so gross.

The worst smelling person (or people, couldn't tell) I ever encountered was on a June 2011 trip when we were in line for Maelstrom.
We still talk about it to this day. :scared1:
🤮

The worst smelling person (or people, couldn't tell) I ever encountered was on a June 2011 trip when we were in line for Maelstrom.
We still talk about it to this day. :scared1:
🤮

There’s two kinds of funk that will knock a grown person out, Comic Con Funk and Disney in Summer Funk! o_O One of the reasons I was raised on the midday resort break was my family always went in August (once or twice for Spring Break), and we always used that for shower time. I don’t get how people commando down there in the summer. As soon as I step out the door I want to take another one!

Honestly that’s the one thing giving me pause about our timeframe next May. Early May vs late May can mean a huge difference in the temps. The last time I was down there towards the end of the month was Memorial Day weekend back in 2016, also around my birthday (though we were taking my little cousin for her middle school graduation gift) and MK was brutally hot. But that time, my family stayed offsite because it was a shoestring last minute trip and midday breaks were not feasible. Next year we won’t have that problem.

I highly recommend travel size body sprays. When we did our first hot trip I bought 2 scents and took them with me to the parks every day. I sprayed them in the bathroom stalls before I went into them, too!

I also use Febreze on my sports bras and hang them up to dry. I only wear moisture wicking bras on summer trips.

You guys that was our only June trip. Too humid. I would walk out of Yacht Club, freshly showered in new clothes and be soaked from sweat by time we got to Epcot! :D

We are chancing it with late April/early May, but we want to see Flower/Garden. I'm bringing a lot of clothing to change into, Micky is already rolling his eyes at me. I'll also do laundry if we have to. Really, just something to wear during day at park, then something for evening. And shoes...for both....

9 days makes for many choices. :o

Park hopping is a key part of our touring strategy, so if the park reservation system (which seems to imply no hopping) is still in place in December we'll be moving our trip yet again to May 2021.
Park hopping is key for us also. We will be cancelling our Sept. trip this year when the phone lines get less busy or do it online. With the new reservation system which appears to be non hopper(unless they let you reserve two different parks in one day but seriously doubt that) and those reduced hours and other restrictions, it is a no go for us.
Thankfully, we already booked our room only reservation for next May and if there are unacceptable(to us) restrictions still in place, then we will move it to Sept 2021

You guys that was our only June trip. Too humid. I would walk out of Yacht Club, freshly showered in new clothes and be soaked from sweat by time we got to Epcot! :D

We are chancing it with late April/early May, but we want to see Flower/Garden. I'm bringing a lot of clothing to change into, Micky is already rolling his eyes at me. I'll also do laundry if we have to. Really, just something to wear during day at park, then something for evening. And shoes...for both....

Yes people don't realize summer trips mean more clothing. Double the clothes for everyone!

We must be a weird anomaly, we don't like AC that much, rarely put it on in our hot humid summers. We can run around in high temps with high humidity and barely even break a sweat. I am the worst one, I can stand in the sun all day and not break a single drop. My family all jokes that I need to sun myself on a rock like a reptile.

Yes people don't realize summer trips mean more clothing. Double the clothes for everyone!

That was how I survived last August. Rope dropped parks, headed back around noon/1ish to POFQ to rest/shower/pool and changed before going back out in the evening. It’s amazing how much that change of clothes helps. I actually love heat, I lived in the Phoenix area for almost 3 years and was totally fine. That humidity is what gets me.

I joined the October 2021 group, too. :rolleyes1

Same!!! We are doing a family trip in May but I am trying to do a girls long wknd in Oct!!! If not I may be crazy and go solo.. we shall see..

As for may we still havent set definite dates or picked exact hotel.. going with 8 people is not easy!!!
Other thing is my son is a huge monster jam fan, so they have been doing their finals in orlando usually mothers day weekend.. so we are thinking of maybe extending so we can go to that as well.. but that is usually announced in Nov.. and who knows what will happen after this year 🤷‍♀️

So excited!!!

When we cancelled this May's trip in January, it was before Covid and we ended up with $748 credit for my United flights. Had to use credit by end of June (when we booked originally).

I looked at one way flights today and our flight for next year's trip was so cheap that we decided to book it and book return flight later.
Well, not only did my credit cover it, it did NOT charge the change fees and we now have over $400 to book our flights home, which should cover that easily. We now have travel certificates with leftover credit to book next flights, so no change fees should be on next trip either? It's just like a gift certificate!

Plus, in case we have to change again (please, please no) because we booked now we have no change fees through May 2022!!! God, please let this trip happen problem free!!!

At least one thing we don't have to worry about!
:D

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter