Can't get pedicure for vacation

I feel your pain! I am a bit obsessive about my nails (toes and fingers). I don’t look at other people’s and my DD hates having hers cut we practically need to hold her down so hers aren’t very petty.

Could you go get the pedicure and tell them not to paint them, so they are nice and clean then paint the others yourself, and just have one unpainted?

Or paint 9 and wear a bandaid, or just don’t even worry about it.

I totally sympathize with you OP!

I'll admit it...I'm completely into having my nails and toes done. (I can take a few months off in the winter for my toes, living in the north.)

I get my nails done about every 2.5 weeks. And I always get a special design for a vacation.
It's my guilty pleasure and I love it!!

Get those stickers for the nails and put one on each foot different toes and know one will know the difference and good to go with pretty toes and sandals

I'm happy to report I've been to Disney several times and never had a pedicure before any of my trips, and it was survivable. In fact I've never had a pedicure in my life. Of course I also don't wear sandals in the parks because I don't want my toes to get broken or toenail to be pulled off when a stroller or scooter inevitably runs over my foot. But I do wear sandals around the resort.

I have had one pedicure for my wedding nearly 18 years ago and I didn’t want one but the girls at the salon said you are getting married you need one!

Since then I periodically do my toes but it’s been a few years...actually I think since I last went to Disney in 2013! It was summer, I wore flip flops or keens the entire time-no sneakers or socks came on that trip. When I took the polish off after, it had a left a yellow hue to my big toe nail. It took forever to grow out so since then I won’t put polish on my toes.

I feel polish brings attention to them anyways. And I my toes don’t seek attention, lol!

A few years ago my big toe nail came off and I polished the skinto make it look like nail! Lol

I do get pedicures. There is a nail salon on every corner and worth the $18 and up for someone else to do it for me! I wouldn’t go out with Nekkid toes!

Honestly i do look at people feet and I was shocked at the amount of unpainted toes at bush gardens in Virginia. Just not something you see around here. Regional? Lol

OP, does the nail look terrible/noticeable? I’d just try to find a shoe that covers the toenails. You could go for breathable sneakers. It’s not really that hot down here yet. I haven’t worn sandals yet this year.

Don't worry about it. The one & only pedicure I've had didn't go well, due to nerve damage in my back & legs. I had to make her stop, because the leg massage was so painful. I was afraid to ever try it again. I live in South Florida & my toenails are rarely polished. On the rare occasion they are, DH or I polish them. I understand some people like to have them polished for vacation. In that case, I agree with trying the stick on polish. They make a lot of fun prints. Put them on right before you leave for your trip & remove them immediately after. No worries, if you choose to leave them unpolished. You'll fit right in, with the Floridians. Anything goes in Florida. No one really cares how you look. We even wear white year round. :eek::rotfl2:

I love my pedicures but absolutely hate the leg massage part (due to pain) so I just tell them to skip it. I let them know to just rub in the lotion but not to massage my legs. They have no problem with it. I also skip the neck massage while your toes are drying....I just dislike massages.

MJ

I do agree with the one poster about the possible issues with keeping heavy polish or artificial nails on your feet!!!
But, I might consider it, as temporary, just for a special trip or occasion!

How do you non pedicure people keep your feet smooth? If I did not get regular pedicures my heels would be a cracked mess. In addition to the pedicures I still have to glob on foot cream at night. Maybe this is just my own personal problem lol.

Last edited:
We will be there in two weeks as well and I don’t know if I will have time to get a pedi, so you’ll be in good company!!!

I had split a toenail when I dropped something on my foot. I went to the nail salon and they smoothed it out and put a tiny paper like thing over it and it hardened and they polished over it. It kept it clean and closed up until it grew out. Never had a problem with it.

A few years ago my big toe nail came off and I polished the skinto make it look like nail! Lol

I do get pedicures. There is a nail salon on every corner and worth the $18 and up for someone else to do it for me! I wouldn’t go out with Nekkid toes!

Honestly i do look at people feet and I was shocked at the amount of unpainted toes at bush gardens in Virginia. Just not something you see around here. Regional? Lol
Me either - even during the deepest, darkest Canadian winter when I wear socks and boots for months at a time, I just don't feel good about not having my toenails polished. If I had some health-related problem like the OP, I'd figure something out - there have been a few different suggestions here. Not saying it's the be-all-end-all for everybody, but for me, I'd have to have them polished. (I do mine myself, as well as my fingernails. I've never had a salon mani/pedi.)
How do you non pedicure people keep your feet smooth? If I did not get regular pedicures my heels would be a cracked mess. In addition to the pedicures I still have to glob on foot cream at night. Maybe this is just my own personal problem lol.
I have a number of different filing/polishing devices I use, and since I'm a bath person (in the tub every night instead of a shower), I keep them up daily. It's much easier to do it often instead of letting them get all crusty and cracked and having a pedicurist "power through" the accumulated calluses. I also cannot stand the feeling of my own feet if they get rough, let alone accidentally touch DH with them. I'd be mortified. :crazy2:

I’ve never had a salon pedicure, I’ve had two manicures (both for weddings). I prefer doing it at home. Going to the salon kind of grosses me out. I prefer using my own products and tools. I don’t tend to paint my finger nails because I’m a SAHM to a one year old, so I’m just washing my hands all day. I try to maintain a nice pedicure because I want to always be ready to take my shoes off or wear sandals.

OP, I would also suggest you paint your nails at home, except for the injured one, and put on a bandaid as long as your doctor doesn’t have an issue with it being covered.

I pretty much just use lotion. My feet aren’t perfectly smooth, but I get blisters easily, so I actually need to build up some calluses or I would be miserable.

As a matter of fact sitting with DH having pedicures right now. Doing a color dry run for cruise in 2 months

Attachments

• 092FD5CC-754F-4452-B9F5-7FA8F7D3D8BD.jpeg
    092FD5CC-754F-4452-B9F5-7FA8F7D3D8BD.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 9F98CA03-E232-42B5-A4B2-AAA28DA45FD9.jpeg
    9F98CA03-E232-42B5-A4B2-AAA28DA45FD9.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 11
As a matter of fact sitting with DH having pedicures right now. Doing a color dry run for cruise in 2 months
What is the significance of the colors? A sports team?

I got a pedicure with purple nails during swimming championship season last year because her team's color was purple. I also got a manicure with "Cubbie Blue" last year during the playoffs.

What is the significance of the colors? A sports team?

I got a pedicure with purple nails during swimming championship season last year because her team's color was purple. I also got a manicure with "Cubbie Blue" last year during the playoffs.

Practice run for Caribbean cruise to see which colors I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!