Can't get pedicure for vacation

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Heading to Orlando in 2 weeks. Sun and sandals and I can't get a pedicure due to a toenail problem. Dr doesn't think it is nail fungus but rather a split nail problem. He said no nail polish. How can I wear sandals? LOL

8b6b78eed9a8243cfc69948ac572c52b.jpg

I'm happy to report I've been to Disney several times and never had a pedicure before any of my trips, and it was survivable. In fact I've never had a pedicure in my life. Of course I also don't wear sandals in the parks because I don't want my toes to get broken or toenail to be pulled off when a stroller or scooter inevitably runs over my foot. But I do wear sandals around the resort.

I agree with a bandaid over your split toenail if it looks nasty. If it doesn’t just let your nails be natural.

Polish all the other toe nails yourself and put a band aid over the problem one

This was my fall back plan last summer. I was on the verge of losing a big toe nail for my son's wedding. I had a floor length dress and sandals.

The nail hung on until the next week.

It's almost grown back enough to trim and polish now.

This too shall pass.

I feel for you! I wear sneakers in the parks, but I love my flip flops at the resort. My toe nails must be looking shiny and polished if I am showing them. So, I agree - paint all the others and wear a band aide on the bad one.

I agree w/the bandaid suggestion. Paint all of your other toenails yourself. Put a bandaid over the icky one. Problem solved.

Or cancel the whole trip. :rotfl2:

Don't worry about it. The one & only pedicure I've had didn't go well, due to nerve damage in my back & legs. I had to make her stop, because the leg massage was so painful. I was afraid to ever try it again. I live in South Florida & my toenails are rarely polished. On the rare occasion they are, DH or I polish them. I understand some people like to have them polished for vacation. In that case, I agree with trying the stick on polish. They make a lot of fun prints. Put them on right before you leave for your trip & remove them immediately after. No worries, if you choose to leave them unpolished. You'll fit right in, with the Floridians. Anything goes in Florida. No one really cares how you look. We even wear white year round. :eek::rotfl2:

I think I am just going to leave them without polish since I don't want to take the change of having them done at a nail salon and then getting an infection since they nail is open. Being from LI everyone in my office makes you feel like you can't walk around with unpolished nails showing.

Uhhhh, yaaaaa. It's called grab a bottle of nail polish and do them yourself. Then like other shave said, put a band aid over the unpainted one. Problem solved. Or you can wear Keens with the toe covering (love them).

But this advice is coming from a neanderthal who paints her own toenails and wears less than fashionable sandals (Keens) or tennis shoes.

Any way you could have an artificial acrylic type nail done, just for vacation?

At Disney, it wouldn't bother me too much.
But I LOVE to have pretty brightly painted matching fingers and toes on a beach vacation!!!

Yes, I notice feet too!

Here's what I think - I'm not a huge fan of salon pedicures. They put too much "sealant" on and the nails can't breathe underneath. When I've had them I have weird bumps on my nails when I take the polish off. So I mainly do them myself with just two coats of polish and that's it. No sealants. I touch up as needed. When in a hurry I've done just one coat, too. That's probably what I would do, i.e. one coat. (You could even stay away from the split in the nail.)

I wouldn't do artificial nail or acrylic because that would block the air flow that the nail needs to heal.

I woulnd't do a bandaid either, lol.
BUT no matter what - there is NO SUBSTITUTE imo for WELL GROOMED NAILS - PEDICURE OR NOT! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!