Can't get my stupid tree apart--UGH!

torinsmom

<font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>
I got a new tree last year after Christmas---its a GE 7 foot pre-lit. Got a great deal and it looked really nice. The problem is that I can't get the dang thing apart! It is in three parts. The top part came off easily. It's the middle part that is stuck inside the bottom part. The directions say to pull the section straight up. Well, I tried that many times and there was no budging it. SO I got DS15 and had him pull the middle section while I held the bottom, but still no luck. I may have to store this thing put together.:headache: Are there bags big enough to hold a 5 foot long tree(the top part is off now) It won't fit back into the box unless all the pieces are separate.

We have the same tree and had that problem last year. We were finally able to get it apart after many attempts of tug of war! This year, we put vaseline on the joints and it worked! Comes apart much easier.

Don't know about the bags as we have not made that purchase yet.

Good luck!

We have the same tree and had that problem last year. We were finally able to get it apart after many attempts of tug of war! This year, we put vaseline on the joints and it worked! Comes apart much easier.

Don't know about the bags as we have not made that purchase yet.

Good luck!

Which joints - your elbows or wrists?

Ha Ha. Where the poles go into one another. Couldn't think of another way of describing it at this late hour.

g'night!

Well, the joints of my arms and shoulders are sore this morning. Don't know if I am up for another tug of war today. :headache:

I had that problem with our artifical tree a few years ago. I ended up storing it that way, without a bag, and ended up scrapping it the next year anway.

Yeah, I store my tree in my shed and if I don't have it covered, it will end up with spider eggs inside it, yuck! We'll try a few more times to get it apart. Maybe I can find a tree bag big enough somewhere.

Hmmm...missed that post. It's worth a try. I have a lunch to go to, but I'll try it this evening and let you guys know if it works.

Okay, I don't know if this will work in this situation, but it did when I needed to get some PVC pipe apart.

On the part that sticks in -- put ice around it and try to get it as cold as possible.

On the outer part -- try to get it as warm as possible.

Simple physics -- cold shrinks, hot expands.

It may work

Edie

You have four cats. Just let them loose on the tree, they'll get it apart. . .Okay, not quite in the way you want it apart, but it will be in pieces. :teeth:

Try twisting & spinning the pieces apart. That section might be screwed on instead.

We have NEVER been able to get all sections of the tree back into the box. We had to put part into a large rubbermade container. It can be a real pistol to get apart...not looking forward to that!

Im lazy, my tree goes into three peices but I only make it into too. I stuff it in a rubbermaid that way. I did learn somthing this year- candy canes hanging from the tree when its stuffed in the rubbermaid (and stored in the basment) will melt into a sticky icky blob that must be hosed out (which is hard in december when its cold)

We have NEVER been able to get all sections of the tree back into the box. We had to put part into a large rubbermade container. It can be a real pistol to get apart...not looking forward to that!

I had to turn the box on its side and SIT on it, LOL. While I was sitting on it, I was duct taped it shut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter