Can't find my thread or Duplicate Thread error: PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR A FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the growing list! I get the same as other posters.... I post and it takes me back to the Community Board. My thread is nowhere, but when I resubmit, it says it's a duplicate of one I posted in the last 5 minutes.

Have you tried posting it with a very short title then going back and editing the title?

I'm also having trouble today. I did shorten the title to the post but then got a message that the Dis Boards were experiencing problems.

I was getting today also. You really need to play around with those title lines, not sure what the right combination is, just trial an error I guess.

Add me to the list of problem posting a new thread, replys are not a problem, but I am getting the same messages of duplicate post, or technical dissiculty :(

Planning to try clearing my cookies and logging off again. I will try later to post again.

Kelly

The same thing has happened to me several times over the past few days. I can reply to threads but not post new ones. Here is the message I receive:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the The DIS Discussion Forums database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I've tried posting on the Restaurant board, DVC Boards and Disney for Families Boards....all at different times of the day.

Deb

Still suffering from the mystery anti-posting ghost :confused3
Tune the radio to :rockband: "It's the end of my posting as I know it"(played to "It's the end of the World as we know it" ) :rockband: :sad2: Somebody help me!

Kelly

Aaaah, I haven't been able to post for a week. My threads never show up, and sometimes I get a "duplicate post" message. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Shel

Wow, that's amazing that it worked here. I can't get any of the other boards to work. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Shel

Same thing for me....I was thinking someone thought I was being mean posting about my SIL and they wouldn't let my post go through........ ha ha!

My new posts are being losted on some forums too.

Not all - just some - resorts for one.

also when I reply to a post and someone else is also replying these are also lost.

I am unable to post a new thread on some boards, the last try being the Budget Board. I get the "duplicate thread" message others have mentioned. It's not a duplicate and the 5 minute rule isn't relevant either. I tried posting with two different browers and I get the same thing. :confused3

Feralpeg said:
I am also getting duplicate post messages part of the time.
Are you saying this happens even when you use the Short Title fix as explained in the 1st post?

Bill, if this situation is going to be sort of a permanent bug on the boards, would it be possible to put a sticky post on all the boards explaining how to go about making a post with the error? I see several posts a day on the CB from people confused as to how to make a post or frustration in making a post. And I assume that many just give up and stay silent, not able to make a post at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter