can't find cat??

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
I have 4 cats. one is 8 years old two are 7 years old and our newest one just turned 2. we can't find the 2 year old and I've searched every inch of the house. she isn't outside because I saw her after we last shut the door but now shes just missing inside the house. any advice? we tried treats catnip and her favorite food

cats can skunch themselves into unbelievably small/unaccessable spots. i have one who has figured out a way to squeeze underneath a bureau that only has 2 inches of clearance (watched her once-she lies flat and shimmies under it) and has figured out how to get underneath a sleeper couch and crawl INSIDE the arms of the couch (apparently they are hollow b/c you can hear her inside).

don't worry-the cat will reappear when hungry/needs to potty/wants to wake you in the middle of the night.

Are you sure she isn't somewhere in plain sight? We used to have a cat that would blend into the background - we'd look everywhere for her and find her sleeping somewhere we thought for sure we'd checked multiple times.

Check all the cabinets and closet doors, make sure she isn't shut in somewhere.

Also, check under any box springs/matresses that she can get to, mine loved to tear the fabric off the bottom portion and crawl inside to nap.

We had a cat that actually climbed into a small hole in the wall and was inside our wall. Same cat found a tiny hole in the back of our range, and climbed in THERE! Think outside the box and listen for meowing....

Have you found her yet? A great hiding spot for one my cats is under the bed where he tore some material out from the underside of the box spring and created a couple of little hammocks for himself.

Check your cabinets. My cat always tries to dash in there when a door is open.

cats can skunch themselves into unbelievably small/unaccessable spots. i have one who has figured out a way to squeeze underneath a bureau that only has 2 inches of clearance (watched her once-she lies flat and shimmies under it) and has figured out how to get underneath a sleeper couch and crawl INSIDE the arms of the couch (apparently they are hollow b/c you can hear her inside).

don't worry-the cat will reappear when hungry/needs to potty/wants to wake you in the middle of the night.

Cats often hide when they don't feel well or are in pain. Please tear apart the house and find your kitty.

Are you sure she isn't somewhere in plain sight? We used to have a cat that would blend into the background - we'd look everywhere for her and find her sleeping somewhere we thought for sure we'd checked multiple times.

Check all the cabinets and closet doors, make sure she isn't shut in somewhere.

Also, check under any box springs/matresses that she can get to, mine loved to tear the fabric off the bottom portion and crawl inside to nap.

We once lost our cat for 2 days when she crawled into the bottom drawer of my Mom's dresser.

We had a cat that actually climbed into a small hole in the wall and was inside our wall. Same cat found a tiny hole in the back of our range, and climbed in THERE! Think outside the box and listen for meowing....

Thank all of you!! She came out this morning and has been acting like nothing ever happened. I still don't know where she was hiding but she hasn't tried to go back.

Glad you found her!

My mom is a musician and we had an old church organ in our home. Our cat crawled up inside it. We looked high and low for her all day long. We all happened to be sitting in the room the organ was in late that night and she nonchalantly came crawling out of the organ. Can you imagine that poor cat if she had started playing?

We had a neighborhood cat crawl into our crawlspace and be trapped there for almost a week once. We couldn't figure out why our dog had been acting so funny until my DH opened the little door and a hysterical cat came flying out. We knew the last time he'd been down there was at least five days earlier. We felt terrible! It could have been even worse because he doesn't go down there that often.

Glad you found her. I was feeding a cat for friends who were out of town a number of years ago. For some reason one of the days, I was in a major rush, so I just ran in and left food and fresh water, but did not look for the cat as I normally did. I liked to get eyes on her even though she did not like me and wanted zero love from me. So the next day I go over and the food was not touched, so I started freaking out looking for the cat. I finally found her wedged between a wall and the bunk bed in one of the bedrooms and she had gotten stuck. She liked it there as there was a nice warm vent but was not able to get out. Took a while to move the bed and get a lot of the blankets off it just enough to free her. She went running out of the small to the box and then to her bowl for water and food. I felt so bad as I knew she had been stuck since the day before. The door was closed and for future times I took care of her I asked that door to be closed. I could not handle the thought of a repeat.

A few years ago my sister's cat made a break for it and got out of her apartment for the first and only time. He ran off and my sister couldn't find him anywhere around the complex. She started leaving the patio door open when she was home and several days later he sauntered in like nothing had happened. He did wolf down the food she gave him and didn't do it again.

Ok shes lost again. Well she comes out when she wants food but what ever hiding spot she found last night she must really like it. I did another search of the entire house, inside every cabinet, behind every box and piece of furniture. I just can't find her!! I know they like to sleep in odd places but this is really weird if nobody can find it.

Ok shes lost again. Well she comes out when she wants food but what ever hiding spot she found last night she must really like it. I did another search of the entire house, inside every cabinet, behind every box and piece of furniture. I just can't find her!! I know they like to sleep in odd places but this is really weird if nobody can find it.

When she’s eating, close every door. You’ve then narrowed down the hiding spaces available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts