Can't decide - Sony or Cannon - Help!

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
You all are so knowledgeable and I have learned a lot from reading all the posts. I have narrowed down my search of digital cameras (my first one - yay!!) and I can't decide between the Sony Cybershot and the Cannon A520 - I think I have the names right. They are both basically the same price and the sales guy totally confused me but I did walk away with the thought that it depends on what preferences I want. Well I have never owned a digital camera before so I don't know which features are going to be important to me.

I just want a basic relatively inexpensive camera with a few bells and whistles and have narrowed it down to these two choices. The Sony comes with a mini tripod and a camera case. I don't think the Cannon does. The Cannon is $189 and the Sony is $199. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. We leave for Disney in a little less than six weeks and I want to get familar with my camera before we go. Thanks again!!

Sony makes about 70 cameras with the tag "Cybershot". Some are very good, some are real crap. So make sure you know which one you are looking at before buying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter