Can't Decide - GFV Studio or BLT 1bdr

NJDisneyChic

Earning My Ears
We are looking to go for a week in Oct. I've never stayed at any of the DVC hotels and I'm undecided. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 8yr olds. Like everyone else, I don't want to spend a forture. I was looking at the GFV Studio Rooms vs the BLT 1 bedrooms. Would like to hear anyones opionions on both with a family of 5.

Thanks! :)

Hi, with a family of 5 I would stay at Blt. In the 1 bdrm at BLT you get 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen and your own bedroom and washer and dryer. Plus you can also walk to Magic Kingdom from BLT!! The grand Floridian is beautiful don't get me wrong, I just think you would be happier with the bigger space. I love BLT we have stayed there many of times. Looking forward to staying at Grand Floridian in April!!

We had the same problem and voted for VGF studio to save money and also probably be the only time we stay here while kids are still little. Ours will be 8/6/2. We figure when they are larger and we need more space we will do a one bedroom.

If cost is your biggest factor in the decision, than it’s hard to argue the studio at VGF. I’m not sure what the difference is on a per night, cash-basis, but it appears to be a 50-60% difference in terms of DVC Points. I would have to imagine a similar correlation on a cash reservation.

If money were no object, it’s no question that a 1BR at BLT would make for a more comfortable stay. As others have mentioned, having a separate, private bedroom, full kitchen and second bathroom are huge perks over the studio at VGF. But if you’re anything like me, I view my rooms at WDW as a place to lay my head at night. I use the rooms for sleeping, showering and a place to store my luggage only. I didn’t buy into DVC for the opulence of the rooms.

If I were in your shoes, and you feel that you can handle a week together in a studio with no privacy, then my vote is for VGF. I’d love to stay here while it is brand-spanking new, and you’d be saving money over the BLT 1BR. But having stayed in a 1BR @ BLT, I can tell you that the room really is incredible, and being able to walk to MK is a nice perk. You really can’t go wrong with whatever option you choose.

With a teen son and teen daughter we love BLT! The 2 full baths are great. Also with your 8 yr olds I think they will enjoy the whimsy at BLT. Talking elevators, a Mickey lit water slide, triangle plates in room for snacks are things kids will love. The views are awesome and a quick walk to MK is great!

We have stayed there 3 times and looking forward to VGF for our next trip. However I would choose a 1br over a studio hands down!

Good luck choosing!

1 bedroom at BLT, no contest for all the reasons already mentioned: privacy, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen for breakfasts, and a quick WALK to MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter