Can't Decide! Aventura vs. Sapphire Falls

Sure, but it would still be one more notch in the Sapphire Falls column for me. The less walking I have to do outside of the park after a long day, the better!

I will admit...walking FROM Adventura to the water taxi in the morning never seemed like a big deal...walking BACK TO Adventura after a long day? Well I don't think we ever made the trip without a pit stop at Strongwater Tavern!! :rotfl:

Lesson learned! We are staying at Sapphire Falls this trip!

I will admit...walking FROM Adventura to the water taxi in the morning never seemed like a big deal...walking BACK TO Adventura after a long day? Well I don't think we ever made the trip without a pit stop at Strongwater Tavern!! :rotfl:

Lesson learned! We are staying at Sapphire Falls this trip!
We had the same experience with Cabana Bay. Loved the water taxi but hated the walk back at the end of a very long day. On our second trip, we planned to stay at SF, since it looked so nice. But a good APH rate for RPR changed our minds. If I ever need to stay at a non-deluxe hotel again, it would be SF.

I stayed at Sapphire Falls about a week ago. I liked the water taxi. In one instance, we missed the water taxi leaving our resort, but we were able to pick up the water taxi at the resort next door that was loading. It's definitely nice to be able to hit some of the food options at City Walk at night after returning to our hotel midday. It's also a close walk to the water park.

However, Sapphire Falls is a family friendly resort. What I mean by that is that you will find kids running through the hallways, hanging out in the lobby, and being noisy as kids do. If this doesn't bother you, then it's worth it for the water taxis. Also, the beds are good.

I love SF. Granted we only stayed there one night before moving over to RP, but we loved the pool and the whole feel of the resort, plus the boat transportation. If we weren’t addicted to EP hotels I would stay at SF in a heartbeat!

I've stayed at both. I really like SF, but usually pick Aventura for the cost savings. I also prefer staying on the high floors in the tower.
For the most part I just need a room and Aventura is a short walk to SF where I can take advantage of the water taxi and restaurants in SF.

The savings also covers a few drinks at strong water - which is far better than the bar at the top of Aventura.
I also really like the quick service food options at Adventura - the pizza is really good

If I was really interested in the pool then I probably would pick SF - but again you can pool hop at Universal and I always see people walking to SF to use the pool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!