Can't book breakfasts over the phone

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I've just phoned to book the Character breakfast and the Fantasy Land breakfast, and the CM told me that I'd either have to write, or I'd have to fax it in :confused:
Is this right because it seems a bit strange to me. I thought this sort of thing was done over the phone.
I asked her if I'd then pay for the character breakfast at the park, and she said that it would just be charged to the card that I paid for the booking with.
I also asked her if I could have some park maps sent to me, and she said to request it on the letter/fax.
To be honest she wasn't very helpful, and it seemed as though she was trying to rush me off the phone. I wanted to ask what rides would be open early for the breakfasts :mad:

Thats a real shame, seems very strange to me though.
Did you ring the reservations line? From there you should have just been able to quote your booking number and make the bookings via that. The prices would then be added on your total bill.

If that doesnt work - which it really should have then go to the official website and use the contact us e-mail type thing. Tell of your problems and tell what you wish to do i.e. book the breakfast. I have used this service before to ask general questions and once they e-mailed me and once they even phoned me up. Ask them to phone you and this should solve your problem - hopefully breakfasts booked in no time.

To be honest i think you caught them on an off day. This really doesnt sound like Disney to me. Try the UK reservations line again and fingers crossed :)

Sarah

Hi Sarah :D
I did ring the reservations line. I used the same number that I used to book the holiday.
When she told me that I'd have to write or fax, I asked if I could e mail and she said no.
I will take your advice and send an e mail anyway, I just won't mention that I've already phoned.
Hopefully this is just an off day. The CM who booked my holiday was really helpful and friendy. Maybe today's one had a hangover or something :p

Hi

I would definately try sending an Email. I sent one to try to book the Fantasyland breakfast and a very friendly CM phoned me. They couldn't book it for me because I had booked throught the Disney Vacation Club and they couldn't access my reservation on their computers but I got the impression that they would have been able to add it to a reservation made through them. Hope it works for you.

I phoned them again today and was told the same thing, although this CM was alot more helpful and she didn't try to rush me.

She told me that for the time we would be there, Peter Pan and Dumbo would be open early for the Fantasy Land breakfast, and for the character breakfast at Walts, only Main Street and Vintage cars would be open.
I was hoping they would have more than this open early :(
Never mind - you can't have it all.

I asked if I could have park maps sent out to me, but she said that because I hadn't booked my transport with them, I would have to pick them up on arrival, which a shame because I wanted to sort out my "plan of attack".

I'm going to send them an e mail anyway.
If all else fails, I'll just have to send my requests in a fax on Monday.

I also had to fax my requests in, which was a real hassle as I don't have a fax machine. It seems that if you book them when you book your trip then you are ok, but if you try and add them on later then they can't cope as well. You pay for them all as part of your holiday and when you arrive they give you lots of vouchers for all the extras you have purchased.

Even if nothing is open when you go in for Walts, you will be ahead of everyone else, so you can get right up to whatever attraction you are interested in before the park opens.
When we did the Fantasyland breakfast, we had a few rides on Dumbo and the Carousel before anyone else appeared (but then again it was November)

Bev

I sent my e mail off this morning, and I've just had a phonecall from a CM to say that the chracter breakfast and the Fantasy Land breakfasts are booked for me. She said I'll recieve a new confirmation in the post.
I asked her about having park maps sent to me, and she said no problem, she's got one in the office that she can put in the post for me today :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!