Can't add trip insurance...contract negotiations?

LAPULAPU4U

Mouseketeer
So I just called to make my final payment and was told I couldn't add travel insurance right now because they were going through contract negotiations with the insurance company. I always add it right before I make the final payment, as it is non refundable. I was told it couldn't be added and to seek insurance options on my own...AAA perhaps? Since I still have a week before my final payment is due, I opted to ride it out a few more days and see if they work it out and it can be added. I just wondered if anyone knew anything more about this and your opinions on trip insurance in general....THANKS!

Insure my trip is a website to compare 3rd party insurance plans. It’s very good. Though I recommend calling if you have anything complicated in your trip or needs.

We have successfully used AIG Travelguard. You can buy the specific coverage you want and the web site is pretty clear.

Travelguard is a good option if you need a third party. We used it for a cruise several years ago when my aunt was terminal as it covered pre-existing conditions if purchased within a certain period of time.

Thanks for all of your responses! I've never had this happen before and you all have good advice...I am calmer now!

Just as an FYI, this is the info WDW sent out regarding the insurance. I've bought insurance directly through Travel Insured International several times (mostly for cruises. I rarely insure my WDW trips) and have always had a good experience.

TRAVEL INSURANCE UPDATE FOR WALT DISNEY TRAVEL COMPANY PACKAGES
Posted on December 28, 2017 by Disney Destinations

Effective tomorrow, Friday, Dec. 29, 2017, travel insurance will be temporarily unavailable for Walt Disney Travel Company packages booked through call centers and online for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.

For existing reservations with Travelex insurance, there are no changes to the plan or the Guest's coverage. Travelex will continue to service those reservations fully as long as the arrival date is prior to Dec. 31, 2018 and travel is completed by Jan. 14, 2019. Existing reservations with insurance must have the insurance paid no later than Dec. 31, 2017.

We anticipate that travel insurance will be available sometime after Jan. 31, 2018. When travel insurance becomes available, we will share that information here on Disney Travel News.

We booked our October trip in early January with a travel agent. She told us we would not be able to add trip insurance until around February because WDW was changing things with trip insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter