Cannot Use Disney Club Card!!!

Sue88UK

Earning My Ears
Just got off the phone with my brother who has just arrived home from DLP. He told me he was able to use his DCC on Thursday at the Disney Store in the Village and got the usual 10% discount with no problems but when he tried to use it on Saturday, he was told by a manager that they could not accept it.

He said that he had used it on the Thursday and also when we visited in November 2002, but was told whoever it was should not have given him the discount. He pointed out that on the card it said it is valid for use at any Disney Store but she said that the DISNEY STORE at the VILLAGE is not a normal DISNEY STORE but is part of the theme park!! (Which one does she mean, Disney Studios or DLP??)

I have never heard that excuse before!! My brother was so angry that he refunded his whole purchase which would have come to over 150 euros!!

I know the card will expire at the end of this year but if you want to use it in DLP I think it is the luck of the draw on which CM you get to serve you. :mad:

We had a similar experience also the week before last. We were never refused discount but it always had to be looked into at the till and a supervisor called to get the correct barcode to scan to give the 10%.

I was told by the manager of the Hotel shop that it definately was valid and to ask for a supervisor if it was refused - you just feel so awkward holding the queue up.

Alec:bounce:

I worked in DLRP and indeed, we could not give any discounts to Disney Club card owners. The Disney Store and DLRP are under 2 different managements. The Disney Store in Disney Village is under the DLRP management. But I understand your problem. We have a shareholders card. This entitles us to 10% discount in Disney Stores all over Europe. But do you think we got it last visit (in Disney Store in Paris city)? No! We even showed the flyer.

I joined The Disney Club because the ad said that you will get your Disney Discount at ALL Disney Parks! :earsboy:

But to my suprise the Disney Club never offers anything for their European members... :(

And I also got the same answer when I showed the card to a CM at both Disney Stores in London, last November.... :rolleyes:

I have never had a problem in Manchester or Trafford centre store getting discount. Apparently in some stores it is still on the till button as Magic Kingdom discount but when the staff find the correct button the till receipt shows your discount then there is a space to print your name and member number.

Alec

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter