Candy Sushi .... Yes we did!

I will get slammed again, but I think Disney needed to handle this better. It was clearly a kids program and letting all these adults sign up just because "Disney is giving something away so we have to do it" was just a bad idea.
Why does this have to only be for kids? I think this sounds really fun and I normally go to Disney without kids. Disney is meant for adults and kids to enjoy. If Disney wanted it for kids only they could put that restriction on the reservation. I'm sad it's sold out before I knew about it, I would definitely have signed up for me and my Fiance for our wedding week.

It looks and sounds really cute, but it’s Rice Krispie treats with Twix and other gummy candies wrapped up. Smash them together and roll them up. To me that’s kid fun. Do that many adults really like to eat that stuff?

I know WDW isn’t ONLY for kids, but with only 18 spots per session, why not let kids have the fun? If this were around when DD was younger, I’d sign her up and watch her and other kids have fun, then eat that super-sweet treat themselves.

:sunny:

I think the biggest problem with this is that its complimentary - so people may make reservations for it and just never show up or get busy and forget, which takes away the opportunity for others to have gone (unless you want to wait in line on that date/time to see if anyone doesn't show)

I didn't realize that you could sign kids up for this and not the adults... we are a family of four and I could only get a spot for two... so I figured DS and DH would go, and I booked DD and myself for the character couture makeover at Beach Club's salon! Whoops, too bad I already told my daughter! I could have saved some serious $$$ :rotfl2:

Anyways, It looks like a blast, and I really appreciate you sharing your pictures!

It looks and sounds really cute, but it’s Rice Krispie treats with Twix and other gummy candies wrapped up. Smash them together and roll them up. To me that’s kid fun. Do that many adults really like to eat that stuff?

I know WDW isn’t ONLY for kids, but with only 18 spots per session, why not let kids have the fun? If this were around when DD was younger, I’d sign her up and watch her and other kids have fun, then eat that super-sweet treat themselves.

:sunny:
I agree with this & with @chris benton - I don't think Disney is AT ALL "just for kids," but this activity should have been, with the Fruit Roll-Ups & paper chef hats. The pictures made me a little bit sad. There is a boundary somewhere, and for me this crosses it, in the same way that adults booking up the old BBB used to bother me. Just my opinion :) & of course, being an all-ages event, any adult who wishes to book it is certainly entitled to do so.

I think the biggest problem with this is that its complimentary - so people may make reservations for it and just never show up or get busy and forget, which takes away the opportunity for others to have gone (unless you want to wait in line on that date/time to see if anyone doesn't show)

I believe you reserve with a credit card and there is a charge for no-shows (but no charge if you show up). This wasn't of interest to me but I'm just not sure what they were thinking with only 18 spots per session. And I do think -- as with many things-- that they could have done a better job explaining what it was intended to be, how it would work etc. This and the ~ week's supply of the beaker/flask thing at the Light Lab really make me scratch my head -- they end up disappointing far more guests than they please.

It's a free event.

That's right, forgot that detail. My comment remains the same, just that it would apply to kids only registering and not the parents, as opposed to paying.

The other option would be to charge for it. It wouldn't have to be much, but a small charge is enough to make people think twice about booking or not and given the popularity of this event, I can see this in future.

Thank you for your review! We have a ressie for this in a few weeks with our girls and looking forward to it. How long is the "class"? I just want to make sure I budget our time appropriately.

Stacey

has anyone gotten a reservation for this after the initial roll out? i spoke to a CM at DSS and she seemed to suggest its highly unlikely people will cancel and an opening would come up.

I managed to snag two single spots a few days after initial roll-out. My DD will do one and I'm hoping they let my niece and nephew do it together. I can't believe there are only 18 spots.

I saw this yesterday but didn't know what it was- I also think it sounds more like a kids activity then someone an adult would want to do. I'd feel a bit silly in the chef hat!

I managed to snag two single spots a few days after initial roll-out. My DD will do one and I'm hoping they let my niece and nephew do it together. I can't believe there are only 18 spots.

Did you take a look at the pictures the op posted? There are only 18 seats around the table. Just enough ingredients for one person. I think you are setting yourself, really the kids, up for disappointment

I, too, think this should be a kid only activity.

But the adults who signed up are not doing anything wrong by taking spots away from kids as long as Disney bills is as an activity for all ages... But it would be entirely appropriate for this to be a kid only activity.

Thank you for your review! We have a ressie for this in a few weeks with our girls and looking forward to it. How long is the "class"? I just want to make sure I budget our time appropriately.

Stacey
About 45 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter