Candlelight processional

There can be for different nights. It has been a couple years since they did that though.

I was just informed Lin Manuel is in LA..... My hopes just went up.
LOL- I might have checked his twitter feed after your post and also saw that he was in LA.... I won't be there for Saturday but am in the area and could make Sunday happen. Which I will if its LMM! But I'm also sure it will be utter chaos if that's the case.

I talked with what seemed to be a supervisor on the way out tonight. She said this year its a completely private event and there will be no public sitting or standing room available. Said it was a majogood change this year but could not tell me why they did it or how are they going to keep people from saving places to watch from. Take it with a grain of salt.

I was in the park this past week. CM's keeping any eye on the stage said the same thing to me. :-( My wife and I camped out last year, in front of "Mr. Lincoln" for nearly 10 hrs. All I can say is, it was worth it!

There can be for different nights. It has been a couple years since they did that though.

I was just informed Lin Manuel is in LA..... My hopes just went up.
I was talking to a CM today and he said that Emily Blunt was at Disneyland earlier in the week with her family, so they are also guessing either her or Lin Manuel.

... I was just informed Lin Manuel is in LA..... My hopes just went up.
This has been my hope, too; although Emily Blunt is hardly chopped liver, so I would be happy either way! Have a wonderful time with your granddaughter! We'll be on the lookout for you. :)

I was in the park this past week. CM's keeping any eye on the stage said the same thing to me. :-( My wife and I camped out last year, in front of "Mr. Lincoln" for nearly 10 hrs. All I can say is, it was worth it!
most of the open space for first show is filled. Benches all full. Don’t know how to post pics from my phone.

most of the open space for first show is filled. Benches all full. Don’t know how to post pics from my phone.
The few benches that were open to the public appeared to be spoken for within minutes of rope drop this morning.

The few benches that were open to the public appeared to be spoken for within minutes of rope drop this morning.

I’ve done candlelight several years and benches for the first show are staked out at opening

2nd show benches are a different story

Chris Pratt
So how was it? He’s no LMM but I might still try to make it happen to go tomorrow...

Do they make non paying guests clear out of the unofficial viewing spots after the first performance and is there a “holding queue” for people wanting to see the second one? If so, where?

So how was it? He’s no LMM but I might still try to make it happen to go tomorrow...

Do they make non paying guests clear out of the unofficial viewing spots after the first performance and is there a “holding queue” for people wanting to see the second one? If so, where?

Yes you have to clear out after the first show, so the second show is a much shorter wait for those who don't want to wait all day. After the first show begins and the carolers walk down the street, they will start putting up ropes for people to line up for the second show. So be on main street when the first show starts and you should be able to get a decent spot for the second show.

At least, that's how it's worked in previous years. I'm not going this year.

Yes you have to clear out after the first show, so the second show is a much shorter wait for those who don't want to wait all day. After the first show begins and the carolers walk down the street, they will start putting up ropes for people to line up for the second show. So be on main street when the first show starts and you should be able to get a decent spot for the second show.

At least, that's how it's worked in previous years. I'm not going this year.
Yes it happened that way- handicap queue followed by rest of standby queue

Chris Pratt was a very good narrator -- not perfect, but warm, very sincere, and clearly enjoying his role. As usual, Drew's "Silent Night" was a highlight. There were standby spots available in the back rows on the west and east sides (more on the east side) up until about 5 pm. The park itself was not insane. Once we got past Town Square and the front part of Main Street, things seemed like a normal Saturday. CMs agreed that the day really had not been bad at all. The CP pin is for sale at the Music Store on Main Street.

It was really a great time. Where we were we had the “action area” for the walk to sound check. We had my 7yo granddaughter. Another friend had her 11 and 12 yo boys and all were excited. As Chris walked in, he waved to everyone. But the fun came when he left sound check. He walked past the kids and fist bumped them. They were so excited. My granddaughter got so overwhelmed she started crying. She loved the whole performance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter