Candlelight Processional

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
We have the CP dining package. My son has Down syndrome and a DAS. He does NOT do well in lines. I thought we'd be fine with a dining package, but now I am reading we are supposed get in line an hour early with the package. Is that right? What are the options for someone with a disability? He can't wait for an hour in line, but I hate to miss this. I am not picky on our seats, but would like to sit together and ideally have a disabled spot where we can put his stroller.

When we did this last time, I had my DH and older DS get in line. My DS w/ AU and I looked at fish over at Japan, looked at the train at Germany, etc. We talked to the people around us upfront about it and they were all okay with it. We checked back in regularly and even offered to hold spots for drink runs/potty breaks for those around us as a trade off.

The time I went with a dinning pacage I lined up about an hour before the show and was setted with in minutes ( I was with someone in a wheel chair and only 2 people could set next to him) so I had to sit by my self, I would find a set were your group can all sit then take your son to the bathroom or walk around with him for a few minutes then come back, but make sure you tell a CM they gave me a code word when I cam back to reenter.

Last year we did the CP Dining Package with our son, who is 22 and uses a special needs stroller. We got in line about 45 minutes before showtime and were seated pretty quickly after that - almost instantly. We had great seats in the center handicap accessible area.

Please be aware that if you want one of the spaces that will accommodate a stroller or wheelchair, only two family members will be permitted to sit next to the chair. The family next to us tried to bring four, and the CMs were very strict about enforcing the rules. They even scolded us for scooting across to accommodate them, lol!

Honestly, I would simply talk to the cast members there about it and ask what suggestions they have, I am sure you aren't the only one that has had this issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter