candlelight processional, what are the advantages to the different time spots?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
If it is just 2 adults, going on a Saturday night (December 1), is there a preferred time spot? We'd probably be doing one of the dining packages. Does the 8:15 show still allow enough time to see Illuminations?

Thank you!

I'm not sure specifically about Illuminations, but I would guess yes. The two shows couldn't happen at the same time. We chose the early show because of young kids. Also, with the early show you don't hear the previous show while in line. The downside was it was more dusk and not dark, so the candlelights weren't quite as impressive. I would still do the early show in the future though, because of my kids ages.

i would agree with pp - an earlier show would be better if u had kids, or an early flight the next morning

we ptefer the later shiw so that we can enjoy EPCOT at night

Thanks! Since we don't have the kids with us, and we plan on sleeping in the next morning, we will do the 8:15 show! That's mostly what's available when I check for the dining package reservations anyway!

Yes, you will exit the theater prior to illuminations. I had time to exit, and then find a spot to see the fireworks fine. Also, I highly recommend getting in line early for your showing even with the dining package, you will have a better choice of seats, and depending on who your narrator is, the line can get really long really quick for dining package entry.

Yes, you will exit the theater prior to illuminations. I had time to exit, and then find a spot to see the fireworks fine. Also, I highly recommend getting in line early for your showing even with the dining package, you will have a better choice of seats, and depending on who your narrator is, the line can get really long really quick for dining package entry.
Sorry to hijack the original thread, but is the seating similar to that of Fantasmic? We have the dining package if that makes a difference.

Can a TS meal credit be used for the Processional dining packages? They seem pretty expensive, so I am thinking no ???

You definitely get out of the 815 early enough to grab illuminations spots. I prefer this showing because it's usually full dark at that point, which makes the "candlelight" portion more apparent.

As for seating, it isn't a designated section. People who have tickets (bought the dinner package) will be let in at the specified time and can choose from any seat in the theater. Then, at a later time, stand by people will be allowed in if there is room. It is first come, first serve seating.

Sorry to hijack the original thread, but is the seating similar to that of Fantasmic? We have the dining package if that makes a difference.

Axel is right; it's stadium-like seating that is first come first served starting with those that had the dining package. I didn't have anything else on my schedule and it was Neil Patrick Harris (NPH) as narrator so it was jam packed; I lined up early and got a great seat (I had the dining package with the late showing as well).

I think it depends on your overall plans. We went on Christmas Eve. We did the dining package for breakfast, did a few things in Future World then went back to our resort to swim. We showered and went back over to the first show. We had dinner after the show and then hopped over the MK that night. If you are staying for Illuminations, then the last show is probably best. I know allot of people don't like the first seating because it's not totally dark, but it was dusk and still wonderful.

You can save a few bucks if you do lunch vs dinner. Lunch gets you the early show.

You can save a few bucks if you do lunch vs dinner. Lunch gets you the early show.

This is not necessarily the case. I don't know what the algorithm is, but I have booked a lunch or breakfast with late showing and dinner with middle showing. I think the show has to be at least 2 hrs after the meal time, so you couldn't eat at 4:30 and go to the 5 pm show, but you could go to the 6:45 show.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter