Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

We leave for Disney tomorrow morning. My luck, this will be released tomorrow morning LOL.

I'm with you ... we start out on Sunday and will be there all of next week, and I'm like just my luck it will open up while I'm there and I won't remember to check.

IF it's gonna go live on June 30th,
the Dining CMs should know NOW.

In 2015, a Dining CM told me like 4 days ahead of time that the CP Dining Pkgs were going to be available on July 5th, I think it was.
And they WERE!

So maybe a Diser wants to call Dining?!

It hopefully will be the 30th like last year, but I think it actually opened later into July in previous years :( hoping it's Friday, especially since it's all loaded in.

I hear you about it being stressful!
In 2015, I had to book 3 CP Dining Pkgs, and the exact dates , restaurants, & performance times mattered!

I KNEW the Dining CMs could be wrong, but I knew the 2014 pkgs were released in early July, so I called @ the end of June(maybe July 1st), and was told the date-/July 5th, I think.

I got online @ 5am CST, and it was up!
Got exactly what we wanted, except a performance time was assigned(no choice!).
When MS(DVC) opened, i called & changed the performance times for all 3 of our CP Pkgs :)

DVC didn't know in advance when the booking would open,
but that Dining CM knew!

I hear you about it being stressful!
In 2015, I had to book 3 CP Dining Pkgs, and the exact dates , restaurants, & performance times mattered!

I KNEW the Dining CMs could be wrong, but I knew the 2014 pkgs were released in early July, so I called @ the end of June(maybe July 1st), and was told the date-/July 5th, I think.

I got online @ 5am CST, and it was up!
Got exactly what we wanted, except a performance time was assigned(no choice!).
When MS(DVC) opened, i called & changed the performance times for all 3 of our CP Pkgs :)

DVC didn't know in advance when the booking would open,
but that Dining CM knew!
I just called and was just told "end of the week early next week"o_O worth a shot thougH!

I don't put much stock in what I'm told by the phone CMs handling dining. Don't get me wrong, most are nice and very helpful, but release date info has never been their strong suit. The worst I can remember was the big watch for BOG to officially open back in 2012. All I can hope for is enough warning that I can book at release time.

Yep, I remember when BOG opened! We were there in 2012 when BOG opened--on our last day!
I def found out TOO LATE;
when I called to try to book dinner,
I was told it was booked solid for like opening day until MONTHS OUT!

We showed up though for a late lunch(after 2)
and were able to get in.

Yep, I remember when BOG opened! We were there in 2012 when BOG opened--on our last day!
I def found out TOO LATE;
when I called to try to book dinner,
I was told it was booked solid for like opening day until MONTHS OUT!

We showed up though for a late lunch(after 2)
and were able to get in.

We knew it was going to be bad when they finally formally announced ADRs would have to be booked by phone for the first couple of days. I sat there for close to 2 hours on that August 2012 morning desperately trying to get through. I wound up getting a dinner ADR the second night it was open in the preview period, but it took about 1200 dials to get through. Thankfully, Candlelight Processional is typically not that much drama.

Wow I found out about this way late but that's par for the course at this point. lol Honeymooning at Disney Port Orleans Riverside this year in late November/early December and it's been nothing short of a Disney crash course ever since I booked our reservations just 2 weeks ago....and I barely got that! I honestly had no idea everything happens at Disney so far out.

Looking forward to trying to see this show! Hope we can get in!

Can anyone tell me what time I need to be on the lookout for reservations? Is it 6am or 7am EST?

Wow I found out about this way late but that's par for the course at this point. lol Honeymooning at Disney Port OrleRiverside this year in late November/early December and it's been nothing short of a Disney crash course ever since I booked our reservations just 2 weeks ago....and I barely got that! I honestlyhad no idea everything happens at Disney so far out.

Looking forward to trying to see this show! Hope we can get in!

Can anyone tell me what time I need to be on the lookout for reservations EST?

Normally the ADR system "clicks over" to open up new booking at 6:00 am EST, but sometimes special event things open up in the system later. I've seen reports of 7:00 am and 12:00 noon. Unfortunately I don't think anyone knows for certain, but I think someone posted earlier that last year Candlelight Processional pkgs were 6:00 am.

Normally the ADR system "clicks over" to open up new booking at 6:00 am EST, but sometimes special event things open up in the system later. I've seen reports of 7:00 am and 12:00 noon. Unfortunately I don't think anyone knows for certain, but I think someone posted earlier that last year Candlelight Processional pkgs were 6:00 am.

Thanks!

Actually last year was the earliest thus far going back 5 or 6 years.

IF it's gonna go live on June 30th,
the Dining CMs should know NOW.

In 2015, a Dining CM told me like 4 days ahead of time that the CP Dining Pkgs were going to be available on July 5th, I think it was.
....QUOTE]

2015 was July 7th Tue 7/7/2015

I...

...QUOTE]

2014 was July 8th Tue 7/8/2014

That said, it will probably drop tomorrow or Friday as they seem to be creeping earlier each year. But I wouldn't stress over it. I'm sure you'll get all the magic you hope for the year!

I have been calling every morning to make certain reservations aren't open. I fear, that the system might hiccup, or glitch showing unavailable, when it might be available. I keep getting the same answer... "It is getting close, & can be any day. Just keep checking back each day." I believe it is protocol to tell everyone the same answer. Even if the CM does know, I would think they are told not to leak out the date too soon. To keep the mad rush limited as much as possible.

However, when I check online I keep getting the same message. "There are no available tables from ___ to ___ on ___ day. Please change the date, time or party size"... But this this time it has changed to "We are unable to check tables at this time." I am hoping with the new message means something has, or is changing for 6:00 availability. Keeping my fingers crossed

Last edited:
I have been calling every morning to make certain reservations aren't open. I fear, that the system might hiccup, or glitch showing unavailable, when it might be available. I keep getting the same answer... "It is getting close, & can be any day. Just keep checking back each day." I believe it is protocol to tell everyone the same answer. Even if the CM does know, I would think they are told not to leak out the date too soon. To keep the mad rush limited as much as possible.

However, when I check online I keep getting the same message. "There are no available tables from ___ to ___ on ___ day. Please change the date, time or party size"... But this this time it has changed to "We are unable to chech tables at this time." I am hoping with the new message means something has, or is changing for 6:00 availability. Keeping my fingers crossed

Update: No such luck! Today is not the day either ☹️ Back to telling me no available tables, to change my date, time, or group size again. Maybe tomorrow will be our lucky day.

I just tried to book (6am EST) and still got the "There are no available tables from __ to __ on __ day." Looks like they weren't released yet. Anyone else have a different outcome?

However, when I check online I keep getting the same message. "There are no available tables from ___ to ___ on ___ day. Please change the date, time or party size"... But this this time it has changed to "We are unable to chech tables at this time." I am hoping with the new message means something has, or is changing for 6:00 availability. Keeping my fingers crossed
I always get "we are unable to check tables at this time" when I am not logged into MDE. I get " No tables available" message as soon as I log in... I really do dislike 6am now!!!!

I always get "we are unable to check tables at this time" when I am not logged into MDE. I get " No tables available" message as soon as log in... I really do dislike 6am now!!!!

Ok, that might be why I had a different message. I never paid attention to before or after login. I'm not a big fan of 6a.m. either, but for Disney I will just about do the impossible, lol!

I will be going to Disney at the end of November and I want to book the Candlelight package. I've never booked any reservations with Disney before. Is it better to call or go online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter