Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

DW decided she wanted to get the family passes for Disney this year. Hope she hasn't regretted it because I have gone literally Chip N Dale nuts in research. Never been during Holiday season and am very excited to hopefully get to a Candlelight Processional dining pass. Love the DIS family with all of their information and services they provide. Thank you to the members as well who help post boards like this one and get me all worked up for a life long Disney addiction.:thanks::worship:

I'm so excited! This is our first year ever going during the holidays. Does anyone know if this dining package is typically hard to book and sells out quickly?

You can book it on the app right now but when you search, it comes back with nothing available. Looks like it's ready to roll out

You can book it on the app right now but when you search, it comes back with nothing available. Looks like it's ready to roll out

Then you can't book it.

The dates and times have been clickable since Friday - that's not new. Nothing else has changed since then.

Does anyone happen to know...do they usually release a partial list of narrators right when booking opens? Or does that happen later?

So, CP vets, is it unusual to reserve multiple CP packages for a trip so you can be ready when they announce narrators? My plan is to reserve for three of the four nights we're there (one is already locked down for MVMCP), and hope like heck NPH is performing on one of them.

So, CP vets, is it unusual to reserve multiple CP packages for a trip so you can be ready when they announce narrators? My plan is to reserve for three of the four nights we're there (one is already locked down for MVMCP), and hope like heck NPH is performing on one of them.

Can't say if it's common or not, but it seems unfair to other guests if you reserve more than you plan to use. That being said, I'm sure others are planning to do the same! I've seen NPH and other narrators and they are all great! (Except when Chita Rivera got lost in her script and read the same part twice lol)

You wouldn't need to schedule every day as most narrators will do 3 days in a row. They usually announce over half the narrators when they release the packages for booking. If the narrators are not yet assigned, I think it is reasonable to book two reservations--one towards the beginning, one towards the end of your trip. Once they announce the narrators for each night, release the one you won't use. Many people wait until the schedule is finalized before booking, so someone will be very excited to book that exact package. I don't see why it would be unfair. It's not like you are waiting until the night before to cancel or letting it go to waste and preventing someone else from enjoying the experience. Whether someone else books it next week or next month, the spaces will still be filled.

Does anyone happen to know...do they usually release a partial list of narrators right when booking opens? Or does that happen later?

I don't know about it being released right when booking opens, but I would say there should be a partial list available by the time booking opens. That was one thing that puzzled me about the list that was posted - it was complete. Usually when the list is first posted, it has several TBDs (To Be Determined) in it. (And actually, I suspected it was a previous year's list because it starts with the 27th, and the CP always starts on Black Friday, which is the 24th this year.)

The thing is, typically each narrator does 3 nights, so for a 4 night trip, you're probably only going to have 2 narrators going during that time. (My point being that it actually wouldn't be necessary to book packages for each of the three nights to cover all your bases.) The other thing is, narrators sometimes change. One year I got a package for one of NPH's dates, but then his dates got pushed back two weeks.

(Except when Chita Rivera got lost in her script and read the same part twice lol)
Okay, I'm a real fan of hers, have been for years (yes, hello, I'm old :upsidedow), but... losing your place in THAT script??? Oh, Chita...
You wouldn't need to schedule every day as most narrators will do 3 days in a row. They usually announce over half the narrators when they release the packages for booking. If the narrators are not yet assigned, I think it is reasonable to book two reservations--one towards the beginning, one towards the end of your trip. Once they announce the narrators for each night, release the one you won't use. Many people wait until the schedule is finalized before booking, so someone will be very excited to book that exact package. I don't see why it would be unfair. It's not like you are waiting until the night before to cancel or letting it go to waste and preventing someone else from enjoying the experience. Whether someone else books it next week or next month, the spaces will still be filled.
And it wouldn't even be three days in a row. We're arriving on a Wednesday, leaving on a Sunday, so I'd reserve Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Plus, I'm going to reserve Biergarten (NOT something like Akershus), in the middle of the afternoon (NOT during a busy mealtime). YES I'll release immediately on learning who was booked when, not going to hang on "just in case" either. BUT I'll only release after posting in Disboard's ADR Cancellation thread. :thumbsup2

It's usually a partial list. Last year the las narrator (Anthony Mackie) wasn't announced until a couple of weeks before the first CP started.

Excited to see we are getting close the release date of the CP Dining Packages. My high school choir (I'm the choir director) is performing the CP twice on Dec. 19th (6:45 & 8:15) and I think the Dinner Packages would be my best suggestions to make sure my trip sponsors would be guaranteed a seat to see one of our performances. Disney states that our sponsors are like all other spectators and have no guarantee of seats. Looking forward to an incredible experience. Thanks for all the great info!!
I'm just catching up with the thread. First of all really cool for your choir. I'm a choir mom and both of my kids (my youngest is still in HS) have performed at CP, so I have 7 years experience with this.
Yes it is true that the only person to get reserved seating is the choir director (s) anyone else, sponsors, chaperones, must make the standby line or have a dinning package.
It is an absolutely incredible experience for the kids, some narrators even go to the holding room backstage and say a quick hi to the kids and wish them a good show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!