Candle light processional?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
Do they have this every night, or is it on select nights like Mickey's party? Is it hard to get the day you want?

The CP is every night during the holiday season. We went on December 17th with the dinner package. The line for those who did not use the dinner package was very long. I think having the dinner (although a bit expensive IMO), was worth not waiting in line.

There are 3 shows per night. If you go in the first 2 weeks of December during the week, you probably will be able to get a standby seat. The dinner package is worth it if you plan to have an Epcot dinner anyway, plus you get a 15% discount on most purchases at Epcot that day. I saved over $20 in discounts alone. I think the only night that soldout well in advance was Christmas Eve.

http://wdwig.com/h_cpfaq.htm

We always eat at Garden Grille anyway, so we get the package. I booked the package less than a month before Christmas. I couldn't get Garden Grille for Christmas Eve-other restaurants were available.

The CP package works out to about $5 more a person for us. And we usually save at least $30 shopping.

Thanks for the responses, now another quick question.... Which of the show times are most likely to be the cancelled one? I remember a while back (was it 2001?) that they cancelled a whole bunch. I would just want to make sure that I try and not request that time frame.

they cancelled some? I really don't know which are most likely to be cancelled

I would say book when you want to and if they cancel it, you could always get another date for it...but if they cancelled them they better help you find another day!

Originally posted by PRINCESS VIJA
Thanks for the responses, now another quick question.... Which of the show times are most likely to be the cancelled one? I remember a while back (was it 2001?) that they cancelled a whole bunch. I would just want to make sure that I try and not request that time frame.

Right after 9/11/01, WDW attendance was very, very low. Managers decided to "cancel" the 5:00 CP shows on some of the weekdays. I don't remember exactly which days.

IMHO, 2001 was a special situation. This past year, the schedule returned to "normal". The CP is very popular and my understanding is that every show is almost always completely full. It certainly has been that way when we've been (every year since 1998, including 2001). A large scale "cancellation" is unlikely unless soemthing else happens to depress attendance.

FWIW, we usually choose the later shows (6:45 & 8:15) because we prefer to see the show when it is completely dark. Many prefer the 5:00 shows, though, as they prefer to eat after the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter