Cancelling Trip, Tickets Purchased through UT — any options?

Fido Chuckwagon

DIS Veteran
It’s looking likely that I will have to cancel our Disney trip planned for February 8-15. We have travel insurance, but this will be for a non-covered reason. I bought my theme park tickets through UT. Does anyone know if Disney will offer any kind of credit against these for the purchase of future tickets? It’s two adult 7 day hoppers and one child 7 day hopper. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check with UT. They have a pretty good cancellation policy:
If you require a refund on refundable attraction tickets, a fee of 5% of the total order amount will be charged to cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting your credit card and fulfilling the order. Tickets must have been purchased within the last 90 days and not gone past the start date selected. They cannot have been modified by the attraction directly (e.g. Disney Guest Services or My Disney Experience) or been activated by entering the park. Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site are non-refundable.

Thanks! Do I call in advance for that?
You can try calling in advance... policies of how to handle “upgrades” (adjustments to tickets) tend to change over time.

Last edited:
Check with UT. They have a pretty good cancellation policy:
If you require a refund on refundable attraction tickets, a fee of 5% of the total order amount will be charged to cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting your credit card and fulfilling the order. Tickets must have been purchased within the last 90 days and not gone past the start date selected. They cannot have been modified by the attraction directly (e.g. Disney Guest Services or My Disney Experience) or been activated by entering the park. Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site are non-refundable.
I’m unclear what some of the above means. If I added them to MDE and used them to make fastpasses at my 60 day mark, does that mean they were “modified by the attraction directly?”

Did you buy the e-ticket or physical ticket? E-tickets are not refundable. You can return the physical tickets if you have not opened the package it came in. If you have already linked them to your MDE then you can not get a refund. You could change the dates of use on the tickets for a future trip. You can change the ticket dates in MDE.

Did you buy the e-ticket or physical ticket? E-tickets are not refundable. You can return the physical tickets if you have not opened the package it came in. If you have already linked them to your MDE then you can not get a refund. You could change the dates of use on the tickets for a future trip. You can change the ticket dates in MDE.
Physical tickets but they were applied to MDE. Being able to change dates would work.

I called and asked UT a while back if linking them to MDE made them non refundable and I was told that as long as you didn't modify the dates or upgrade them then simply linking them to MDE does not make them non-refundable. You can refund as long as you are within that 90 day window.

I called and asked UT a while back if linking them to MDE made them non refundable and I was told that as long as you didn't modify the dates or upgrade them then simply linking them to MDE does not make them non-refundable. You can refund as long as you are within that 90 day window.
Hmmmmm.
Take that info with a grain of salt.

Hmmmmm.
Take that info with a grain of salt.
I did...but I called twice and got the same answer. I however didn't trust it and haven't opened and added my tickets to MDE. Not going to do that until I'm already past my 90 day purchase window (and before my FP+ window).

I’ll call UT and Disney on Monday. So long as the tickets aren’t a total loss I don’t really care, we’ll definitely go back so converting them into any time tickets is fine.

I’ll call UT and Disney on Monday. So long as the tickets aren’t a total loss I don’t really care, we’ll definitely go back so converting them into any time tickets is fine.
If you select the ticket in your MDE account, does it give you the option to change or modify? I was able to change to an any day ticket for one of my daughter's friends that way (using PC). I did not notice if it had an expiration date when I did it, so make sure you read the fine print. The cost was the difference between the price paid for the selected start date and the current price for an any day ticket

The tickets aren’t a total loss. Take a look at the ticket sticky; you’ll be able to use them on any equally priced or cheaper dates later this calendar year, upgrade them to more expensive days this year for the difference in price (plus any intervening price increases) or apply the current retail price of them to a trip in 2021 any beyond if they expire.

If you select the ticket in your MDE account, does it give you the option to change or modify? I was able to change to an any day ticket for one of my daughter's friends that way (using PC). I did not notice if it had an expiration date when I did it, so make sure you read the fine print. The cost was the difference between the price paid for the selected start date and the current price for an any day ticket
I just tried that and it does.

we’ll definitely go back so converting them into any time tickets is fine.
Just to clarify — there are no “any time” tickets. The Flexible Ticket option still has an expiration date - currently 12/31/2020. Unless you expect to go during holiday season, I wouldn’t add this option as it essentially charges you for the highest-priced ticket date currently available, and if you don’t go until 2021 you would still need to upgrade dates again as those tickets aren’t yet available. Unused tickets can be credited towards an upgrade (new dates) even if expired.

Sorry you have to cancel and I hope you can reschedule soon!

Just to clarify — there are no “any time” tickets. The Flexible Ticket option still has an expiration date - currently 12/31/2020. Unless you expect to go during holiday season, I wouldn’t add this option as it essentially charges you for the highest-priced ticket date currently available, and if you don’t go until 2021 you would still need to upgrade dates again as those tickets aren’t yet available. Unused tickets can be credited towards an upgrade (new dates) even if expired.

Sorry you have to cancel and I hope you can reschedule soon!
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter