Cancelling Thomas Cook booking off MDE

Pluginbaby

Earning My Ears
I have our Thomas Cook booking linked to my MDE for September 2020, obviously with the news this morning that holiday won't be happening.

We have already rebooked with Tui rather than waiting for the ATOL refund (as that could take months). The one outstanding thing I am unsure on is how to get our Thomas Cook resort reservation unlinked from MDE.

I am concerned that if I call up to get this removed, and then ask them to add my Tui reference number onto the MDE, that somehow they may accidentally cancel our Tui one down the line when they look for reservations for Thomas Cook customers that need cancelling (if that makes sense?!).

I realise there isn't much of a precedent for this type of predicament, just at a loss as to what to do with my MDE account as the Thomas Cook booking I imagine will be there a while (the administrators will have a great deal many more important things to deal with). The other thought I had was to just set up a brand new MDE account on a different email address and have done with the one that the Thomas Cook booking is on - would that be a good idea?

Try customer services at WDW and explain to them, i am sure others have changed flights in the past and they must have assisted in changing the flight details.

Are you talking Magical Express or Room/Vacation package reservations? Magical express should be no problem, just fill out a new form. For a vacation room/ticket package I'd call the My Disney Experience help line. I don;t know if they have a toll-free line from the UK.

Are you talking Magical Express or Room/Vacation package reservations? Magical express should be no problem, just fill out a new form. For a vacation room/ticket package I'd call the My Disney Experience help line. I don;t know if they have a toll-free line from the UK.
0800 169 0749 - UK MDE Helpdesk, used it today myself.

Call them and they'll remove the TC Booking. It wouldn't hurt to have both on there at the same time. I've had it previously, once the cancellation operator sends over the info it'll only remove the correct one.

I also rang today, they knew about the Thomas Cook situation and removed the booking off my account, they said there is no risk of future bookings being cancelled by mistake etc either.

We have rebooked with Tui yesterday but I cannot link our new reservation on as yet (he said it would take 72 hours before I could) so will add that on when I can. It's nice to just cleanse myself of Thomas Cook's booking if that makes sense! It's an awful thing that has happened (obviously for staff above all else) but you do, selfishly I guess, look at how impacts upon you so I am relieved to remove it and move on. I will deal with ATOL when the window opens up and use the refund whenever it comes for dollars.

Thanks for assistance from those who replied :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts