Cancelling Same Day

coasternut22

Mouseketeer
We're taking a gamble on going to Aulani next month. With Hawaii's new restrictions this week, you need to test within 72 hours of takeoff and actually receive it before you board. We'll be left up to fate the morning of the flight. Luckily, with Southwest, we used points and can easily cancel a flight. But what about DVC? According to the rules canceling same day forfeits the entire reservation. It also says that if you modify it same day, then any points left over after the modification are forfeited. Any change to this during covid? We have a possible backup plan to Florida in January if this doesn't work out. It appears modifying is still allowed over cancelling correct? Do I contact member services or the hotel directly to cancel or modify? Thanks in advance.

There we’re a few reports of adjustments when resorts had just opened.

However, not sure it’s an official policy and all you can do is ask.

With Aulani already open, I would assume no and just hope for the best.

We were booked for Aulani for the holidays, arriving Dec 27. I pulled the plug last week, as that would have meant testing on Xmas eve and hoping for results over Xmas day/Boxing day. I had assumed that if I had to cancel last minute then the points would likely be forfeit. Even if they are showing leniency now, I figured that could change any minute.

You could stay somewhere closer to the airport or on another island or whatever the first night. Then you'd be able to cancel the whole thing if you can't go.

Or, you could take the test late at night. I just had an employee take the $200 one at 10PM on a Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter