Cancelling Cruise????????

Eeyore2U

I'm the one you talk about. I rain on parades and
Since the tragedy of this past week we want to change our plans. We have a 4 day cruise booked on 9/30/01 on the Wonder with Thurs/Fri booked at BWV. My DW is uncomfortable leaving the US but barring any major happenings would like to go to WDW for our complete stay. Any thoughts to how agreeable MS will be to help us. I have seen somethings regarding penalties on the Cruise Board, does anyone have any idea how this would affect a DVC member? I guess it would be contingent on getting a room at WDW, also.

Any opinions?

TIA

I understand your wife's concern. I made the phone call to MS this past week concerning my 9/22 reservation. MS had to call DCL and DCL was willing to either rebook our cruise for a later date of cancel our reservation with no penalty. (The DCL website indicated that this was being done for the 9/19 cruise) I do not know if they will do it for 9/30, but it does not hurt to call. MS did tell me the point would become reservation points. They would not return them to the normal DVC status.

We did consider staying at WDW on the points that week, but DH and I have talked it over and we are going to cruise. You do what you guys feel is best for your family. One thing that may help your wife feel better is that on the Cruise Board a retired Navy officer said is would be safer at sea.

Thanks. I'm trying everything, but she wants to know she can get home if something happens. When you say Reservation Points, what is that exactly?

Here is some of the info on Reservation Points from the Member Guidelines documentation :

"Reservation points can only be used to reserve accomodations available through the Disney Collection (non-DVC resorts), Adventurer Collection or the Conceirge Collection, as well as World Passport Collection destinations available through BVTC.

Reservation points cannot be banked, borrowed, transferred or used to reserve accomodations at World Passport Collection destinations available through Interval International, nor to reserve accomodations at DVC resorts."

Hope everything works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter