Cancelling Connections Membership?

barbnbrian

I'm a Redhead, too!
Any one have trouble cancelling their trial membership with Connections? I'm coming up on my 30 day mark and was planning to cancel right from the start of joining. I've already purchased and received my 4 day park hoppers and that was my only reason for joining. Also, its been almost 30 days and I still have not even received my info packet.

Tried to call to cancel yesterday and was on hold for about 20 mins. Good thing it's an 800 number! Once I finally reached a cust. svc. rep. I told him my 30 days was almost up and since I hadn't received the info packet to review, I wanted to cancel. How could I review and no I wanted to keep it during the "trial period" if I didn't receive any info from them?

He kept me on the phone telling me the benefits of the program, that they would remail another info packet, etc. so I wouldn't cancel. But I still want out. Any suggestions on how to cancel without being talked into keeping it? I'm not a pushy person. Help!

Make your decision first and if you decide to cancel, don't listen to what they say just keep saying "I want to cancel". Connections doesn't intend for people to use the $1 trial period to make all the purhcases they intend to and then cancel membership. I suspect they may add some provision that requires you to return your purchases if you want to cancel (really would be fair).

My experience was very much like yours except the "club" I was trying to cancel wasn't Connections. I just kept saying "No, I want to cancel" no matter what the person said. It ended up being a game where "No, I want to cancel" was the only answer I made to whatever the person said. Finally, I said if she wasn't able to cancel my membership, please transfer me to her supervisor and would she tell me her name, again. She then cancelled my membership. Just hang in there. Keep thinking about the fee you don't want to pay. Also, before you tell the person what you want, ask them their name & how to spell it. For some reason, I get much better results when I do that. Good Luck!

It's for this reason that I can't in good conscience join Connections. I know that it's perfectly legal to try it out for one month for $1, but the company can't stay in business if everyone joins to get their coupons/park tickets and then cancels.

I cancelled my membership last sunday morning with absolutely no problems.
I cancelled on my 30th day. I told them I really think its a good program, but
I simply can't afford the 80.00 and that after trying the program saw that they
didn't offer enough that I'd use on a regular basis to justify the 80.00 charge.
They must have some deal with the tickets etc that they sell, because I am sure
they know that people will do what we all did and then cancel. They must be making
money somewhere because they have been around for awhile. I doubt they would put
any such provision on the membership because the purpose was to TRY the service and
to try it u must use it, purchase from it. No one would try if they couldn't get something
for trying and they know this. By the way I called super early Sunday morning and \
I got a really nice lady that didn't question me at all, I volunteered my reason.

Hulabird:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

carib01a.gif

I cancelled yesterday. I recieved the info packet on my 30th day, yesterday and actually may consider joining after I review it somemore. I'm thinking of a gift certificate giving Christmas this year. But I decide if wanted more time to think about that part so I called and cancelled. The woman read some prewritten statement for which there were 3 catigories (food, movies, and something else) and I just answered not I wasn't interested and she said ok and gave me the cancellation . It wasn't that big a hassel, or maybe I didn't have a pushy sales person. If you have already heard the speel, I'd just tell them that when you call to cancel next time.

You know, I joined online thirty days ago Sunday...I ordered all my stuff right away
and got it all without a problem, however, I NEVER received any membership packet
from connections at all, maybe i would have kept it had I seen something other
than just their website, but that is the one area where Connections did drop the ball

Hulabird
carib01a.gif

When I called to cancel a month ago, I didn't even have to speak to a person; I was able to cancel through an automated system. I was relieved not to have to deal with someone trying to talk me out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter