Cancelling bookings

Goodwill234

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

Quick question, I just wanted to confirm that say I make a booking at 11 months out for December, and say I decide to cancel around August, the points just get put back into my account right? There is no penalty as long as it's before the 31 day mark? TIA

Hi

As long as you cancel 31 days or more out then you all good.

I don’t know your UY but please have your banking deadline in mind as well.

Just to clarify, if you have to borrow points when booking, those points, when returned to your account, will remain borrowed. That does not reverse when you cancel, even if it is more than 31 days out. So, in that respect, some may see that as a penalty. But, there is no holding penalty when canceling at least 31 days out. Points from your trip are returned to your account in the same status as they were as part of the trip...banked points are still banked points, current UY points are current, and borrowed points still borrowed. If you are still within your banking deadline, the current UY points returned to your account can still be banked!

If the points are NOT borrowed then as long as you cancel 31 days or more in advance of the check in date you have NO penalty.

If the points ARE borrowed, they will remain in the use year you borrowed them into

Just to clarify, if you have to borrow points when booking, those points, when returned to your account, will remain borrowed. That does not reverse when you cancel, even if it is more than 31 days out. So, in that respect, some may see that as a penalty. But, there is no holding penalty when canceling at least 31 days out. Points from your trip are returned to your account in the same status as they were as part of the trip...banked points are still banked points, current UY points are current, and borrowed points still borrowed. If you are still within your banking deadline, the current UY points returned to your account can still be banked!

SOP for borrowing points is that they stay in the UY which they are borrowed into even if the reservation is cancelled. However I have experienced numerous times that if the cast members are asked politely they will unborrow any borrowed points. It takes a 1-2 days to complete. This is however not the SOP so the cast members are allowed to say “NO can do” so don’t borrow unless you are ok with not being able to unborrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter