Cancelled holiday

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
Sadly it now does not look as if I will be going to DLP this year. I received a letter - not even the courtesy of a telephone call - from Leger yesterday telling me that they were cancelling the trip. I was due to leave in two weeks.

I have been singing the praises of Leger because I thought they were a reputable company but I am disgusted to learn that they can cancel a holiday with so little notice and only offer one alternative. Working people can't always change their leave at a moment's notice, can they?

What adds to my annoyance is that I booked particularly early to take advantage of their 'free' upgrade so that I could get the hotel of my choice - now it does not look as if I will be able to go at all.

Don't book with Leger - they are obviously unreliable.

Sorry to hear that Nik, sounds like a horrid situation :(

We had a holiday booked with Leger for mid October but we cancelled it when we went to DLRP in July at the last minute - looks we did the right thing. I certainly won't consider using Leger again.

Tell me about it! I am so fed up with Leger I could scream.

I rang them this morning but they couldn’t have given a monkeys. The girl I spoke with could not have been less helpful if she’d tried. She kept repeating that I could have a refund – which considering the holiday was cancelled through no fault of mine was the very least I would have expected. They only offered me one alternative for w/e 24.10.04 which I accepted very reluctantly. I’d particularly chosen October 3rd largely because of the weather – I don’t think it will be as good at the end of October. I booked in January so that I could get the free upgrades and paid a small fortune in single person discount to get treated so discourteously.

I’ve always sung the praises of Leger but I’m not now. There customer service is probably the worst I’ve ever seen.

Now I find that October 24th marks the start of the ½ term holiday. I hadn’t realised this, not having kids. So the park will be packed to the rafters. Hardly the quieter stroll round I’d planned.

Still, I could have had a refund, I could have had a refund, I could have had…. Sorry got stuck in Leger mode for a minute.

So sorry to hear your news, Nik. :(

I think it's disgusting service, we haven't booked with anyone for next year yet, but after reading your post it most definitely WON'T be Leger.

Elaine

I've always thought that you can tell the quality of a company by the way they deal with the disasters. I could understand the economic necessity for cancelling, what I can't understand is the manner they have adopted in sorting out another holiday. You would have thought they would want to bend over backwards to ensure I got another break sorted out. They couldn't have cared less.

I am very disappointed with them. They were great last time but have obviously gone downhill in the last couple of years.

Oh Nik,

How very disappointing :(

I hope at the very very least they are offering you the same quality of accommodation at the same price you paid for it? Namely, that you will still get your free upgrade??

If they are refusing this can you threaten to take this further?

Poor you :(

Karen

The holiday they offered is the same in terms of the hotel etc which is something, I suppose. It was all done with a complete lack fo grace though. You'd have thought I was the one who cancelled!

I asked to speak to a supervisor I got so fed up with the girl's rudeness but was told there wasn't one available [surprise!} However one would call me back. That was yesterday at 9.10 and I am still waiting. I emailed them, they read it at about 12 pm - no response.

It's this kind of thing that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I'm glad I am still going, although I now have real concerns about going during the colder weather and with the park full of 1/2 terming kids, however this whole mess has totally taken the gloss of the trip for me.

I'm disabled you see, I don't go that far normally - in fact the last time I left my home town was the last Disney trip I had 2 years ago LOL. So this was going to be a big event and I was really looking forward to it.

Just think of Frontierland becoming Halloweenland, the Lion King Show, eating in the Blue Lagoon, Pirates of the Caribbean, Animagique, Moteurs... Action! and all the other wonderful things that make DLRP so very special.

Leger :(

DLRP :)

Your trip :) :)

Just look upon it as a hinderance that will decrease your pre-holiday excitement which will in turn increase your enjoyment of the actual holiday because your expectations were lowered.

In short, Nik's holiday = ::MickeyMo :Pinkbounc :bounce: ::MinnieMo

I do appreciate everyone's support! I'm sure it'll be fine - I'm just feeling a bit sour about it all. I'll live!

Thanks all

I'm really sorry they've treated you so badly - unfortunately a sign of the times I fear!! But I'm sure the spirit of Disney will not let you down and you'll have a wonderful time when you get there (though, being a teacher (!!!) I wouldn't be too keen on all the little darlings!!) Have a great time in spite of ****** Leger!!:sunny:

I'm sure I'll be okay about it eventually. It does rather take the gloss of things - or it does at the moment. It's their customer service that has proved somewhat disappointing.

Still, I'm grateful for everyone's kind thoughts. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:(
Why have they cancelled you? Are they having financial problems?

So sorry to hear about your holiday

We went to DLP a couple of years ago at Oct half term & I didn't think it was too busy. ON a par to May/JUne i'd say. we def didn't see huge queues for anything apart from Peter pan of course.

The weather was cold & wet but not too bad if you go prepared for it. it didn't spoil our enjoyment.
At times we found wearing ponchos over our coats helped.

have a great time when you do go.

Originally posted by Cochise
:(
Why have they cancelled you? Are they having financial problems?

Not according to what they said. Apparently there were insufficient bookings for them to run this particular tour. What annoyed me is that whilst I can understand that they can't run the tour if it's not financially viable, there is no need to treat the disappointed customers like dirt, which is what happened.

I would have expected a little more effort on their part to try and keep my custom and find another more suitable date. I accepted the one and only alternative date they grudgingly offered me without realising it was at the start of half term week. Now Leger are telling me that there might have been other options which was an exact opposite of the take it or leave it attitude I got on Tuesday of last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter