• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancellation of Park Reservations

Allen Saenz

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster. Kinda wanted to share a real negstive experience and a heads up to anyone upgrading day tickets. So i upgraded on Monday 9/13 first day in the park. Upon upgrading i was showing reservations for Tue, Wed, Thur, and this upcoming Tue 9/21. So i added Wed and Thur of next week(6 days allotment at once). Reservations carried on with no change even when i checked the app two days ago. Well sometime between late Tuesday and this morning, todays reservation (9/16) and Tuesdays reservation (9/21) had disappeared. Franticallly, i called Ticket Sales. Heres where the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Once the cast member answered, i briefly explained my dilemma and her first response was "Oh the system doesnt cancel any reaervation thats all done on your end". I never lost my cool i was courteous throughout but i was seething. There was no way i would cancel my reservations because I had dining plans associated with them.

I kept trying to explain to her that i have confirmation emails but not cancellation emails and she kept insisting that the system does not cancel, its the user. She finally offered to have a supv check in on this and she would givr me an answer as to what mode was used to cancel my reservation ie phone call or app. Well we ended getting disconnected but she was kind enough to call me back about an hour later. Turns out that upon my upgrade, the system kept the reservation for two days (the days i used to get into the park) but somewhere between Tue night (when i last checked) and this morning, it chopped off today and Tuesday on its own (ended up keeping next Wed and Thur because those were made under the new Key.

Saying all that she says there was nothing they could do for me today so i had to stay back at the hotel while my party went to DLR. I knew that there were issues upgrading but most other posts said i needed to re reserve because reservations dropped off immediately. Such was not the case here. As late as this past Tuesday night i was showing 6 reservations. I guess at this point, the day is lost but what recourse do i have when it ended up being a system issue and not a user generated request. She did suggest i go up to guest services in the park and talk to them about it but i kindly reminded her i needed a ticket and there were no reservations abailable for today. Should i email Guest Services, wait until my next trip next week OR just chalk it up as a glitch in the Matrix (system) and move on with my life?

I guess the main issue that still irks me is how immediately dismissive she was at the mere suggestion that it wasnt me (directly) that caused these issues and all i want in the future is for someone else to NOT just be brushed aside as chalking it up to a self generated mistake. I am appreciative that she finally offered to have a supv look into this but origonally she had said that the supv was strictly going to be looking at "When you had cancelled ypur reservations" not if something else may have caused the cancellation

Sorry you had a bad experience upgrading tickets. Every single person I know who has upgraded so far has had some type of IT issue. I think it's irresponsible of Disney to try to force people to do this in the app even though the app does not seem to provide an acceptable experience most of the time.

From what I gather, CMs keep hearing the same thing over and over so many just brush off guests as having the same common problem rather than take each issue seriously. For example, I know someone who went to Lamplight Lounge last week to ask about reservations and the cancellation policy. The CM irately told him there were no reservations available but he pulled out the app showing that there were some available leaving the CM speechless.

I had this exact experience happen to me. Upgraded on day 1 (which everyone including Disney tells you not to do) but I risked it anyway. The first two days were fine but on the second day my reservations for day 3 and 4 were canceled automatically. I got the same “you canceled it” from the chat line. Eventually I found a reservation for today and I showed my original confirmation email to guest services and they manually added my whole group’s reservations back even though there was no availability online.

The CM happened to mention that this has been happening quite a bit. So she was very helpful and took about 5 minutes inside DLR to get it fixed.

I would head to the ticket booth or guest relations as it seems no one on the phone or chat can help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter