Canceling Reservation made through Disney Club

Mooneybeams

Mousketeer
We may have to cancel a reservation that we made through the disney club because we have found better rates elsewhere. Does anyone know what their cancellation policy is? I know it is dfifferent than regular disney reservations...Thanks!

You can cancel a Disney Club discounted reservation more than 5 days in advance without penalty. If you cancel within 5 days of your arrival, there is a penalty.

In addition to above information, when I cancelled my DC reservation last week I was told that the money I had on deposit HAD to be credited back to my CC. I asked if a check could be sent to me and I was told absolutely not and then the CM read me the 'by-laws". I asked what if I didn't have a balance on my CC and she told me I would have to deal with my credit company to get the refund. Actually, the CM was really very nice but she told me they get yelled at by guests all the time about this. I really don't know if this info is accurate. But, I did find it inconvenient. I was hoping to transfer the balance over to another reservation. Anyway, got full refund plus the insurance fee.

I cancelled my hotel ressies made with the Disney Club and was told by the CM that I would get my refund check for my deposit in 4 to 6 weeks. I received my refund check in only 9 days. What a pleasant surprise! Patty :earsgirl:

Don't consider your DC discounts first. I have yet to see a situation where it gave better rates that anything else available.

I often just make the reservations but keep looking around. The highests probability is that you can switch to another discount, saving yourself some big buckos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter