Cancel Trip?

I think it's a good excuse to splurge. Fly instead of drive and maybe even upgrade the room. She could do whatever she feels most comfortable with. Example: Mornings in the park and relaxing at the spa, pool, then maybe parks for dinner and activities in the evening. That's the cool thing about Disney, you can do as much or as little as you want! My OIF husband was having some PTSD still and crowds freaked him out. It was a comfort to us that he could come and if it got to be too much he could just take the bus back to the hotel while the kiddos and I continued on our day. Even without the challenges our typical day includes a midday break then really light evening plans after dinner. Most important time IMO are those first couple hours after opening anyway.

Eh-gonna go against the grain here and postpone trip-
main reason is you have no idea now how she will feel as pregnancy progresses. Each of my 3 pregnancies were different (awesome all way through first one, exhausted first trimester with second, felt horrible the further the pregnancy progressed with third until about 25 weeks-and even then it just improved to where I wasn't exhausted and nauseated 24/7-I was also 36 when third was born). So just because previous pregnancies were easy/complication free doesn't mean subsequent ones will be.

Sure the majority of women have healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies-but there are still some that don't, regardless of age.

Congrats on the pregnancy. I wouldn't go against a dr.'s recommendation. However, I went to Disney pregnant twice. The first time I was 30 and 30 weeks. The second I was 37 and 16 weeks. I had relatively easy pregnancies with few complications. My dr had no concerns with me travelling. They knew about the trips. You doctor may have other reasons they don't want her to travel though. I don't think pregnancy in and of itself is a reason not to travel.

Eh-gonna go against the grain here and postpone trip-
main reason is you have no idea now how she will feel as pregnancy progresses. Each of my 3 pregnancies were different (awesome all way through first one, exhausted first trimester with second, felt horrible the further the pregnancy progressed with third until about 25 weeks-and even then it just improved to where I wasn't exhausted and nauseated 24/7-I was also 36 when third was born). So just because previous pregnancies were easy/complication free doesn't mean subsequent ones will be.

Sure the majority of women have healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies-but there are still some that don't, regardless of age.

Yes total gamble. My second pregnancy, I could not get out of bed at all. Serious exhaustion to the point that I could not function. I wouldn't want to take that chance and further disappoint my children.

Yes total gamble. My second pregnancy, I could not get out of bed at all. Serious exhaustion to the point that I could not function. I wouldn't want to take that chance and further disappoint my children.
But since they are driving, they could cancel much closer to the trip, the OP might feel great (5 kids, 4 pregnancies, I never had fatigue or morning sickness in the first 2 trimester).

Because, unless there is some underlying medical issue, she's just pregnant. Is she supposed to be wrapped in bubble wrap on bed rest for 40 weeks? Pregnant women are healthy women.
Are you a doctor? Not being rude - seriously. You don't know her medical history. Perhaps the OB is just conservative or perhaps there's more going on? Either way, if I trusted my doctor and they told me not to go, I wouldn't.

And for the record, I went do WDW multiple times while pregnant - because my doctor gave me the green light. And when she told me NOT to take a trip, I didn't. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Are you a doctor? Not being rude - seriously. You don't know her medical history. Perhaps the OB is just conservative or perhaps there's more going on? Either way, if I trusted my doctor and they told me not to go, I wouldn't.

And for the record, I went do WDW multiple times while pregnant - because my doctor gave me the green light. And when she told me NOT to take a trip, I didn't. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

:thumbsup2
The OP has 2 other kids, maybe there is something in his wife's pregnancy history that her OB is concerned about. Just because nothing was mentioned here doesn't mean there isn't some reason. Not everyone shares everything here.

:thumbsup2
The OP has 2 other kids, maybe there is something in his wife's pregnancy history that her OB is concerned about. Just because nothing was mentioned here doesn't mean there isn't some reason. Not everyone shares everything here.

Not to speak for OP, but if he came on here to ask whether or not he should cancel the trip, you'd think he would have mentioned if there is some other history or concerns. But I guess it's a moot point, because OP already came back about 2 pages ago and stated he was canceling the trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter