Canadians visited LA and Disneyland in Aug 2017 - Amazing Trip!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by Frozen2014, Sep 4, 2017.

1. leslie826

leslie826 Mouseketeer

This was the absolute perfect trip report I was looking for! We're headed to SoCal for the first time, with kids similar ages, and have a tentative plan very similar to yours. A couple of questions... How much do you estimate to have spent Uber-ing around? Trying to weigh the cost of renting a car. Was there anything you'd leave out if you were doing it again? We're in the same boat with the Hollywood tours, where staying right near the walk of fame so we wouldn't need a tour of that area. But I would love to see the stars' homes. I'm also debating the combo passes for the wax museum, Ripley's, and the Dolby theater tour. Would you recommend all? I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the trip. As a WDW vet, I try to prepare myself for how much smaller this is, but I know it's hard to comprehend until you get there. Thanks to your TR, I know I will take advantage of park hopping!

2. Frozen2014

Frozen2014 DIS Veteran

Hello. Thanks for the comments. So nice to hear that my report has helped you in your planning. Where are you staying in LA?

To answer your questions...for Uber, I looked at our uber summary and it comes to $347 USD. This is uber from our LA hotel to sites (Universal, Warner Brothers, Santa Monica Pier, LA hotel to Anaheim). From LAX we grabbed a taxi as we had never used uber and didn't know where to go. Also from our LA hotel to Anaheim hotel and from Anaheim hotel to LAX we used UberXL as we didn't know if the basic uber would hold our luggage. Otherwise, we used basic uber. We were quite happy using uber and not having a car as it's so easy and we didn't have to worry about LA driving, parking and gas, but it's a personal choice.

There are many tours out there and some just with star homes. We selected the Guideline one since it seemed like good variety and it went to Griffith Observatory and Farmer's Market (and covers star homes too), but you do have the Hollywood Blvd stop in there as well. So many options out there.

Guess you'd have to work out the budget but we enjoyed the combo pass of Ripley's, Wax Museum and Dolby Theatre Tour. Our kids were into America's Got Talent so it was neat to see that in person (and set being up and prepping for next show). They of course cover lots of things of Oscars too.

And yes, DL is smaller but you'll see how great it is to have to 2 parks right across from each other (and downtown there too). There are some unique rides and sections too such as Indiana Jones and Carsland. And don't miss WOC. Amazing. As in my report, I really love both.

Have an amazing trip!