Canadians-Not able to upgrade Magic Bands Recently?

Lydia S

Canadian
I have a split-stay coming up in December. I was able to select and order bands for the 2nd half of the trip which are confirmed shipping to the resort.

Now Ive been trying The past few days to select bands for other members of my party for the first leg of our trip and it looked like the bands I wanted was in stock all day since other ones would come and go and display the standard “Out of Stock” message. I get as far as the checkout screen, put in my CC info, all I get is “We are unable to complete your request” with another message underneath stating “We encountered an error, please try again later”. I’m used to receiving an “Out of Stock” error message at the first or second (payment) stage.

Is anyone else having this same issue? I’m wondering if they are now stopping Canadians from checking out as I’ve seen on other message board posts that many have been able to get the bands they’ve chosen as long as they are in stock.

I don't even get an out of stock message.
There is so little availability of the premium ones. Some days there are only 3. I guess the out of stock ones don't show?

No, the put of stock ones won’t show. The available ones vary throughout the day, and for some of them, they are gone within minutes of posting. Other times, you’ll go to select it and it looks like it is in stock, but it goes out of stock while completing the personalization process or the order completion., then within an hour or two, they remove the band design and replace it with new ones. In my case though, I’m picking designs that are displayed all day, so not oos, but my order won’t complete at all no matter which bands I choose.

That happened to me. It didn't even tell me they tell me they were out of stock. I was purchasing 4 premium. I only found out when they charged me for 2. 2 premium and 2 gray. I didn't even get a chance to choose a colour of the default ones..
I am still looking for 2 bday ones for my kids.
Has anyone had any luck getting those?

This is happening to me. However I was not even able to checkout with solid bands yesterday. They did it manually on the phone for me this morning.

I had chosen solid bands before they came out with these fancy ones. I tried once to upgrade when they had ones both kiddo and I liked showing, got an error message and didn't bother trying again. We did get the solid ones I had chosen previously thank goodness. Seemed like a fun idea but poor execution on Disney's part for this roll out. Maybe next trip! We had purchased decals through etsy already so we just used those.

@quandrea Which phone number did you reach them at? So I guess this is just a glitch in their system? I still have another 45 days or so left to order, so I might just wait for them to fix the problem.

This is happening to me. However I was not even able to checkout with solid bands yesterday. They did it manually on the phone for me this morning.

@quandrea Which phone number did you reach them at? So I guess this is just a glitch in their system? I still have another 45 days or so left to order, so I might just wait for them to fix the problem.
@Lydia S I called DVC Member Services and spoke with the IT department there. It’s an 800 number for DVC members only. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

I had chosen solid bands before they came out with these fancy ones. I tried once to upgrade when they had ones both kiddo and I liked showing, got an error message and didn't bother trying again. We did get the solid ones I had chosen previously thank goodness.

This is exactly what happened to us as well. The solid ones are assigned to us and when I've tried to go back and edit and add premium bands I keep getting the "Thanks for making your MagicBand selections! It may take up to an hour for your new items to appear on this page." messaging and not able to proceed further and update our bands at all. It's been weeks like this, so I dare say an hour has passed ;) No biggie, but hopefully things get resolved in future as it seems like a super fun option to have available.

That happened to me. It didn't even tell me they tell me they were out of stock. I was purchasing 4 premium. I only found out when they charged me for 2. 2 premium and 2 gray. I didn't even get a chance to choose a colour of the default ones..
I am still looking for 2 bday ones for my kids.
Has anyone had any luck getting those?

Same with us. All 4 seemingly went through. Days (or maybe even weeks) went by, then I got an email saying only two were processed and 2 will be gray. We originally had specified colours, so I wish the 2 would have at least reverted back to the original colours, rather than plain old gray.

I had to try for several weeks and kept getting error messages. Sometimes it would get to the point of cart check out and then would get the error. I finally managed to get the limited edition Halloween one for DH and the villain one for me. This was late August and our trip was Aug 30-Sep 6 so we had them for MNSSHP which is what I really wanted. I'm still trying for December.

I have a split-stay coming up in December. I was able to select and order bands for the 2nd half of the trip which are confirmed shipping to the resort.

Now Ive been trying The past few days to select bands for other members of my party for the first leg of our trip and it looked like the bands I wanted was in stock all day since other ones would come and go and display the standard “Out of Stock” message. I get as far as the checkout screen, put in my CC info, all I get is “We are unable to complete your request” with another message underneath stating “We encountered an error, please try again later”. I’m used to receiving an “Out of Stock” error message at the first or second (payment) stage.

Is anyone else having this same issue? I’m wondering if they are now stopping Canadians from checking out as I’ve seen on other message board posts that many have been able to get the bands they’ve chosen as long as they are in stock.

Hi Lydia, did you ever find a solution to your problem? i am going next month and been stressfully trying multiple times a day with no luck (exact same situation as yours) i never get the OOS message either just the encountered a problem. i'm also from Canada.

Thanks

J

I have been trying since last summer. Almost every day and can't get the ones that my children want. Now they don't even show up!

Hi Lydia, did you ever find a solution to your problem? i am going next month and been stressfully trying multiple times a day with no luck (exact same situation as yours) i never get the OOS message either just the encountered a problem. i'm also from Canada.

Thanks

J

J, I did end up getting the bands I needed. I had to call Guest Services (not toll free from Canada, unfortunately). They had me remove my credit card from my account, add the bands I wanted to my cart, then re-add my credit card again before checking out. That seemed to work for me. The Cast Member said the issue was something to do with it being a Canadian billing address. The weird thing was though, it was the exact same credit card I had used for all my dining reservations, plus dessert party and Candlelight Processional dining which they were able to put the charges through with no problems.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get the bands you want before your trip.

I had no luck upgrading. Tried adding new credit cards. Kept getting 'unable to complete your request' errors. In the end, we were fine with 4 solid colours. And now they are just sitting in a drawer anyways.

J, I did end up getting the bands I needed. I had to call Guest Services (not toll free from Canada, unfortunately). They had me remove my credit card from my account, add the bands I wanted to my cart, then re-add my credit card again before checking out. That seemed to work for me. The Cast Member said the issue was something to do with it being a Canadian billing address. The weird thing was though, it was the exact same credit card I had used for all my dining reservations, plus dessert party and Candlelight Processional dining which they were able to put the charges through with no problems.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get the bands you want before your trip.

The issue is likely that we’re not allowed to get MBs (or related items) shipped to Canada, so the Cdn billing address was throwing it off, even if they were being shipped to the hotel. It’s not a problem for any other items like dessert parties or regular merchandise on Shop Disney since they don’t have a geographical restriction on delivery.

The Cast Member said the issue was something to do with it being a Canadian billing address.

Very weird. I was able to get the specialized ones for September, December and my upcoming February one without problem. Well, it took many tries to get the ones I wanted that were in stock, but I had no issues eventually getting them and paying for them using my credit card and I have a Canadian address too.

Can we pay using a Disney gift card? Will this avoid the problem? I am planning to upgrade for an upcoming trip.

The weird thing was though, it was the exact same credit card I had used for all my dining reservations, plus dessert party and Candlelight Processional dining which they were able to put the charges through with no problems.

Sorry to hijack this post, but which dining package did you choose?

Very weird. I was able to get the specialized ones for September, December and my upcoming February one without problem. Well, it took many tries to get the ones I wanted that were in stock, but I had no issues eventually getting them and paying for them using my credit card and I have a Canadian address too.

Hi there,

I assume that the specialized bands were waiting at the resort for pick up like the normal bands?

Been checking everyday for weeks but the selections have been slim, I do have months left until my trip though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter