Canadian government rates

Sara2Disney

Earning My Ears
An earlier post mentionned that the Swan accepts Canadian gov't rates. Can you tell me what the cost was compared to the value hotels? Do all the Disney hotels accept gov't rates?

Thanks

I got the rate of 129/night in October. It is less than half.

95- offsite
97- Nikki bird
98- Holiday Inn M.E.
99- Days suites
00-ASM and HIFS
00- DL and MOWC
01- Animal kingdom lodge and HIFS

I was the one who mentioned it on a recent post. We had originally booked the ASMo for $105/night (U.S.)...I wasn't even checking the resort borad after we booked, 'cause I thought at least that part of the vacation was settled. Then something made me check it a couple of months ago. Saw a post about government rates, and wondered if it might apply to Cdn gov't too (DH and I both civil servants). I called the Swan direct number, and sure enough they did, for $129/night, which is even better than the Entertainment Rate (and a Deluxe hotel for less then a Moderate!) They said just to bring ID showing gov't employee status. Since Swan/Dolphin aren't really Disney hotels, they offer gov't rates, I don't think the Disney hotels do. Also, I read that you can book S/D through CRO, but the cast members can't offer special rates. It is better to call the Swan/Dolphin directly (number on the great FAQ on this site). Good luck! We're really looking forward to seeing how the other half lives on vacation!

When I phoned for a rate on site and asked for a government employee discount I was told that the on site hotels do not honor government rates. I work for Canada Post. Too bad eh!!

We booked at Dixie Landings anyway for April 2001 (only 42 more days) and can hardly wait, this will be our 3 sons first Disney trip and our first on site trip.

Have a good trip

:D

the on-site DISNEY hotels don't offer government rates, but the Swan/Dolphin, which is owned by Starwood, I think does. As I said, Disney's CRO will book the S/D for you, but they're not authorized to give the special rates. Try calling the S/D directly at the number listed on this site (I think it's an 877 number). Or it could be that they just set aside so many rooms at gov't rate, so many at Entertainment Book rate, etc. You might want to try again - it's a deluxe hotel and you can walk to two of the parks from there!

I was wondering what 2 parks you can walk to? It always looked to me like those hotels where too far to walk to a park.

Hi, I work P/T for the City of Mississauga in Ontario as a fitness instructor. I only work a couple hours a week for the city. Would I apply for the S/D $129.00 govt rate. The only proof I would have is a pay stub, but I'm certain my boss would write me a letter on letterhead. THANKS

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

I called Disney a couple of weeks ago and they said that some Canadian Government Depts's have some kind of chapter # or charter # that entitles them to discounts. I work for Corrections Canada - can anyone provide any further information about this?

I work for the Provincial government and thru our union we were able to obtain Disney MKC cards. This enabled us to get the MKC discount on hotel rates etc. Well of course since the change over with the MKC that is no longer available, however our union is /maybe even has by now worked out a deal to enable us to receive a government rate on hotels. I haven't heard anyone complaining and this is March Break and several people have gone, so they must have signed the deal.

Thanks for your valuable information. I received the govenment rate $129. for April 14-17, I wanted the hotel for the week but there is a convention coming into town or something. Anyway it is a much cheaper rate than Dixie Landings or what ever they call it now, we were going to pay 185. (the deluxe hotel is cheaper than the moderate) hurray!!

Thank you Thank you, I'm so excited and only 23 more days to go. I will keep trying to book the rest of the week at Swan. :D :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter