Canadian Disney Gift Cards

Me too,,I added some this weekend and when I add it's in Canadian $CAD but when I relog in it in $USD.
I got a $200.00 ViSA card as a gift and managed to flip it to a Disney GC.YEAH!!!
I am so happy to have found this thread,,it is definitely going to make those yearly DVC dues so much easier to pay.
Hugs
Mel

So I am having a bit of a hard time understanding something,,,maybe someone can help..please
I have a card with
Primary card $630.01USD
I tried to add $400.00 CAD ($305.46 USD) today and it wouldn't let me combine the two cards.
Is that because the initial amount goes in as CAD and then gets converted to USD,,so the amount is over $1,000.00?
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Mel

So I am having a bit of a hard time understanding something,,,maybe someone can help..please
I have a card with
Primary card $630.01USD
I tried to add $400.00 CAD ($305.46 USD) today and it wouldn't let me combine the two cards.
Is that because the initial amount goes in as CAD and then gets converted to USD,,so the amount is over $1,000.00?
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Mel
Are they both Canadian cards originally? You can no longer add Canadian cards to American cards. I also think that the max you can put on is $1000 in Canadian on the Canadian cards.

Are they both Canadian cards originally? You can no longer add Canadian cards to American cards. I also think that the max you can put on is $1000 in Canadian on the Canadian cards.

Yes they are both Canadian cards,,so I guess even though it's under the 1,000 USD limit amount ,,,,it's coming in over the 1,000 CAD limit amount.
Thanks
Mel

I believe the limit is $1000 in whichever currency the card is in. So therefore, your limit for your CAD card would be $1000 CAD and $1000 USD for any USD denominated cards.

I was tracking the exchange rate for awhile that the Disney Gift Card site was giving me and it looks like they give you the posted rate (almost exactly, usually off by a tenth of a cent) at the close of business the previous day. There's no 1-2% spread taken by them like all the banks and credit card companies take. I cannot purchase USD for the same rate as what Disney converts at and I get staff rates.

I believe the limit is $1000 in whichever currency the card is in. So therefore, your limit for your CAD card would be $1000 CAD and $1000 USD for any USD denominated cards.

I was tracking the exchange rate for awhile that the Disney Gift Card site was giving me and it looks like they give you the posted rate (almost exactly, usually off by a tenth of a cent) at the close of business the previous day. There's no 1-2% spread taken by them like all the banks and credit card companies take. I cannot purchase USD for the same rate as what Disney converts at and I get staff rates.
This made me wonder. I get a staff rate as well and I always thought it was better than the GC rate. I just checked and it is. My staff rate right now is 1.3115 where as the GC rate right now is 1.3137 so slightly more.
It's always good to check.

Yep, which is why we do the gift card thing. We don't have to worry about the bank taking their cut on the exchange rate or foreign transaction fees on credit cards.

This made me wonder. I get a staff rate as well and I always thought it was better than the GC rate. I just checked and it is. My staff rate right now is 1.3115 where as the GC rate right now is 1.3137 so slightly more.
It's always good to check.

The GC uses the previous day's close, so there will always be a bit of a variation. My staff rate right now is 1.3225. I need your staff rate 😄

Yep, which is why we do the gift card thing. We don't have to worry about the bank taking their cut on the exchange rate or foreign transaction fees on credit cards.
Which is why I do this now lol And zi feel it has saved me in my following payments but I have been cleaning out stores lol

I went to Continental Currency Exchange at the mall today and git $750US for $1000 Canadian for comparisons sake.

I just consolidated a few gift cards ($100 CAD). When I go into the manage cards option it shows the value of $100 but when I check the balance it shows $76.xx, is this what is supposed to happen and will it stay at that value or will it fluctuate with the exchange rate?

I just consolidated a few gift cards ($100 CAD). When I go into the manage cards option it shows the value of $100 but when I check the balance it shows $76.xx, is this what is supposed to happen and will it stay at that value or will it fluctuate with the exchange rate?
Yes, this is what should happen and yes, it will fluctuate with the exchange rate. The $76 balance is the value in US funds and will change depending on what they use as a rate. The rate has gotten better for us over the last few days so hopefully it will continue to get better.

So apparently I brought out my Jean Coutu supply and they won't get enough in time for my balance due.

Just an observation. I grabbed some gift cards over the past couple of weeks and entered them on the gift card site. When I first entered them they converted into USD, now when I transferred some of them to one card they show it in CAD. I also noticed the exchange on them had changed as well, they went down a few cents :sad1:.

Just an observation. I grabbed some gift cards over the past couple of weeks and entered them on the gift card site. When I first entered them they converted into USD, now when I transferred some of them to one card they show it in CAD. I also noticed the exchange on them had changed as well, they went down a few cents :sad1:.

Yeah it does this and then when you check your balance it will go back to the US value. The reason it probably went down is the exchange rate changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!