Canadian Disney Gift Cards

I picked up a Gift card at Loblaws this weekend. I am planning on buying my disney tickets tomorrow online. My questions are Do I need to activate or register the card some where first? Plus will the disney checkout ask if I have a gift card? Can somone post simple instructions from gift card purchase to completion of Disney ticket purchase. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if you can get Disney gift cards in the province of Quebec? I have been looking and I haven't been able to find any.

I picked up a Gift card at Loblaws this weekend. I am planning on buying my disney tickets tomorrow online. My questions are Do I need to activate or register the card some where first? Plus will the disney checkout ask if I have a gift card? Can somone post simple instructions from gift card purchase to completion of Disney ticket purchase. Thanks in advance.
I can’t help you with the online payment as I’ve only done that over the phone but I can say that you do not have to activate or register it. It’s activated at time of purchase. You can register it on the Disney gift card website if you have a bunch you want to consolidate but if you’re using it right away I wouldn’t bother.

As long as you had an empty card you could transfer the balance to the empty card if you lost the loaded one. I actually plan on bringing a couple of spare empty cards in case that happens.
I did just that. I had been getting cards for holidays and gifts and collecting them by exchanging my PC points for around a year and combining them on to one card online . When we moved I had the cards in an envelope in my night stand . I have no idea what happened to them . I hadn’t kept the main card in my wallet or purse in case I lost my purse :rolleyes2.
Anyway I tore the new house apart and they’ve never turned up. I bought a new card and was able to transfer the online balance onto the new card thankfully . If I hadn’t combined them or entered them online I would have been out of luck .

Does anyone know if you can get Disney gift cards in the province of Quebec? I have been looking and I haven't been able to find any.
They are pretty hard to find (on the south shore). I've been able to buy 25$ gift cards at Wal Mart, and Pharmaprix has ones that you can load up to 500$. Jean Coutu sells out very quickly, and i've found mostly 10$ cards, not very useful when trying to cover the cost of a trip !

They are pretty hard to find (on the south shore). I've been able to buy 25$ gift cards at Wal Mart, and Pharmaprix has ones that you can load up to 500$. Jean Coutu sells out very quickly, and i've found mostly 10$ cards, not very useful when trying to cover the cost of a trip !
Thank you. I will check out Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix again. I don't get to the south shore much. I will have to make a point to check out Wal Mart.

@Tinetine Just want to thank you. Went to Jean Coutu near my house and they had some $50 cards. Pick some up to make a payment. They actually only had $50 cards.

Does anyone know if you can buy a Disney gift card at any of the Canadian Disney stores and can use them at WDW? They are hard to find in NL and I have a friend coming from Calgary, was going to see if she could get me a few!

Does anyone know if you can buy a Disney gift card at any of the Canadian Disney stores and can use them at WDW? They are hard to find in NL and I have a friend coming from Calgary, was going to see if she could get me a few!

As far as I know the Disney GCs can be used at stores or theme parks. I don't think there's any differentiation other than between CAD and USD. If it's purchased in CAD and you use it for a USD purchase, they will convert it at the previous day's closing FX price.

Yes! You can definitely use the Disney Gift cards purchased at the Canadian Disney Stores. My kids got some as bday/Xmas gifts and they used them at WDW this past March break. The gift cards specifically state on the back that you can use them at WDW, etc.

Yes you can! We bought one last year and had no problems using it.

Wonderful, thanks,
They have better designs on them too! I grabbed a few different ones so everyone on our trip knew which one was theirs and we just transferred money onto them when we needed to on the website. I got a really cool star wars one!

After you buy a card & register it on the site, can it be loaded up via credit card on the site itself, or do you have to purchase more physical cards & transfer the balance?

Just out of curiousity what kind of exchange rate applies to CDN dollar disney gift cards when used at WDW? I gave my DS some gift cards to use on our last trip (Dec 2018) and thought the exchange rate was not great (almost like using CDN cash at the checkout --- which is worse than the cc exchange charge.) (Tried to find the receipts but they weren't in the folder where I save the receipts.) Would be interesting to know if the exchange is better or worse than using a cc.

Just out of curiousity what kind of exchange rate applies to CDN dollar disney gift cards when used at WDW? I gave my DS some gift cards to use on our last trip (Dec 2018) and thought the exchange rate was not great (almost like using CDN cash at the checkout --- which is worse then the cc exchange charge.) (Tried to find the receipts but they weren't in the folder where I save the receipts.) Would be interesting to know if the exchange is better or worse than using a cc.
Today, the rate they give for exchange is 1.3412017 ($25 divided by 18.64). I keep a $25 GC so I can always tell what their rate is. Is that better than your CC rate? You would have to see what your card is offering. Myself, I don't buy to many as the rate fluxuates and I prefer to buy US dollars and know exactly what I'm paying and not depend on the what the rate may be when I use them. Others prefer the cards and don't mind gambling on what they may or may not get. Its all a matter of your preference really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!